Crown P-Do you need reservtns for dinner?

smvthecpa

You can make reservations for the personal choice dining rooms, but don't have to. The wait if any, is usually no more than a few minutes, especially if you don't have a larger group.

If you have traditional dining, you would need to change to personal choice. Supposedly you cannot have both.

Enjoy!!

However if you like the time you go in the first night AND you like that particular wait staff AND you want this every night, you can also make a standing reservation so that it will happen.

The idea of the anytime dining is just that. You dine when you want. You show up and from all I've ever heard you don't wait more than 5 or 10 minutes. Of course to be sure you don't wait at all, dine early or late.

Do you need reservations in advance for the anytime dining option. I have already booked late fixed seating for dinner? Can I change my mind?

Or can you just show up and wait your turn?

Thanx

I presume from what you're saying that you are already confirmed for late traditional?

If that's the case and you are considering changing to Anytime, you can certainly do that. But you will not be able to switch back to traditional again. There are fewer seats for traditional.

If you're assigned Anytime dining there is no need to make a reservation. You present yourself at the door and indicate your table size preference. If you simply ask for "share" you'll have little or no wait. If you are a large group wanting to sit together, or a couple asking for a table for two you are very likely to have a wait, especially during prime time. If there is a wait, you'll be given a buzzer so you don't have to "stand by".

You can make a reservation in Anytime dining, either on a daily basis by phoning ahead, or your can arrange a standing reservation made with the Head Waiter. But then it isn't really Anytime, is it?:p

Making reservations in anytime kind of defeats the purpose. ;)

It does have its purpose though.

If you can't get traditional dining because all the spots are gone, then it works just fine.

Also if you want to eat at the same time but it's not a traditional "time" like 7 pm for instance, this works out too.

Just returned from a cruise and had "Any Time" dining. I found making reservations worked some of the time. We would look at the Princess Patters in the morning and decide what we wanted to do. If we were at sea and wanted to see a show or do something we would plan around that. If we were at port, sometimes we would make a reservation for a late dinner, sometimes we would just show up. This worked for us.

Archived