Formal night on Legend's 12 day Med

How many formal nights are there on the cruise to Egypt aboard Legend of the Seas? Also, a RCCL rep told me on the phone that the gratuities per person for the whole 12 night cruise was only $117 pp. If so, that's good. Maybe I can afford this cruise after all....LOL!

Here is the schedule from the Egypt itinerary (May 19th 2007 sailing) as printed in our first compass. I should point out that this was the first sailing on this itinerary of the season, so there may be changes.

Day 2 At Sea Formal

Day 3 Mykonos Casual/70s

Day 4 Kusadasi Casual

Day 5 Rhodes Smart Casual

Day 6 Limassol Formal

Day 7 At Sea Casual

Day 8 Egypt Casual

Day 9 At Sea Smart Casual

Day 10 Athens Casual

Day 11 At Sea Formal

Day 12 Naples Smart Casual

This was what was PRINTED. In reality, the final formal night was on the Athens night, and not on the sea day. We were all a bit confused by that.

I would say that formal participation was very high - higher than would be typical for a Caribbean cruise anyway. There were a lot of tuxes and cocktail dresses, as well as dark suits. There were of course a smattering of men without coats as well, but not enough that they stuck out in my mind.

On the Egypt day, dinner was all messed up because of the huge proportion of people on tours - they happily accepted late arrivals for this reason.

It's nice to read that people were dressed up on this ship :)

The tip amount is right on, $9.75 per person, per day, so $117 per person is right on target.

We'll be on this ship in Oct 08 for the Italy/Croatia cruise (I cannot believe I booked this far in advance!). My husband will be renting a tux to cut back on packing. He's not happy about it, but it does make more sense than hauling all that stuff along. My formal clothes will consist of easy to pack black knits and I don't at all mind wearing the same thing twice. Or, even 3 or 4 times (the horror :eek: ).

Have a great cruise!

We are going on the Rome, Greece, Turkey and Egypt cruise in October also. My cruise is paid for now have to book air. I am going to try to cut down on packing too. Will take one knit dress for formal and several different assessories to change the look. We will be taking the train from Rome to the port, don't think I can manage more than one suitcast and one carry on.

Archived