Honeymoon Activity

LuckyCop

My Fiance and I will be married while in port at St. Thomas. The next day, we will be in St. Marteen. We want to break away from our party of 30 for the day. What beach do you recommend? Thanks!

Biting my tongue here :D . I have seen newlyweds frolicking in the water at Club Orient on Orient Beach. :D :D :D

Call 911!!! Me thinks your tongue is far more than bitten. :eek:

Oooooh I could tell some stories......

Back to the subject at hand, if you're trying to dump your group, they're probably unlikely to accidentally find you at Plum Bay, Baie Rouge or Dawn Beach, in that order. (More Dawn photos here.)

No services at Plum, some services at Rouge and plenty at Dawn. There has been major construction on Dawn, but most is completed, and the major area was on the far end of the beach.

Taxi's are easy to get at Dawn, not so much at the other two.

Tell us more about what you're looking for and we can refine the quest.

gary

Thanks for the help....and the biting of tongues :) We are looking for a beach that is not used by cruise excursion groups. A nice resort beach would be excellent....anything that allows us to experience the island and have some time away from the group. This will be our one beach day during a seven day cruise, so we definitely want to enjoy ourselves. European stle is not really our thing. Thanks!

Find your way to Friar's beach or Happy beach. Not well known, but sometime not alot of people around. you may have to pack your own drinks and snacks. No service on these beaches or at least I don't think there is. Check over @traveltalkonline.com and click on the St Martin link and you will get plenty of ideas or pose your question on there. Just don't tell them you are coming off of a cruise ship, sometimes they get a little testy about "us" cruisers (they think we that we "envade their space") Congratulations on your up and coming wedding and God Bless.

Find your way to Friar's beach or Happy beach. Not well known, but sometime not alot of people around. you may have to pack your own drinks and snacks. No service on these beaches or at least I don't think there is. Check over @traveltalkonline.com and click on the St Martin link and you will get plenty of ideas or pose your question on there. Just don't tell them you are coming off of a cruise ship, sometimes they get a little testy about "us" cruisers (they think we that we "envade their space") Congratulations on your up and coming wedding and God Bless.

People on land vacations always look down their noses at cruise ship people no matter where you are. TTOL.com was founded by Eric and Carol from the old Prodigy bbs, who are/were active cruisers and land vacation types and who now seem to do safaris in Africa. If they answer your question they will not take points away for being cruise people but others there will. KAL here is also active on TTOL.

gary

CCWS73A

GT - Is that some sort of secret code? I tried it on my official St. Maarten decoder ring and all I got was the member's password for the Gentlemen's Club !! :eek:

Eric and Carol were quite active on the Prodigy BBS where the active posters were a small tight knit group. When P* gave up the dedicated service and switched to a plain old internet service, all the people on Afloat, the cruise sub-section, migrated away and either went to CC or, in the case of Eric and Carol, founded TTOL. The section on cruising on TTOL is named "Afloat" after P*.

Eric and Carol used to write long detailed trip reports. When I switched to CC I was surprised how sketchy and short the trip reports are here but have gotten used to them.

Have cruised to St. Marten before so was only on island for several hours and not late at night. My daughter is going w/boyfriend whose family just bought a home here. Early 20's and would like to enjoy some nightlife but wondering if anyone would know about crime at night and the bars? Safe? or better to stay at home and not venture out late? Thanks for the info.

Cindy

Archived