Zuiderdam verandah

pajammies

I have never been on HAL and would like to know if the verandah walls are glass or not. I am very short so when sitting down on the balcony I'm sure I would not be able to see over any wall unless it was glass. Thanks

I have never been on HAL and would like to know if the verandah walls are glass or not. I am very short so when sitting down on the balcony I'm sure I would not be able to see over any wall unless it was glass. Thanks

They are glass....except for the VH and the VF on Upper Promenade deck,which are steel.

Pajammies - most of the verandas are see through plexiglass, but there are some, far forward, that are metal. So the only way you get a good view, is by standing up on the balcony. Just look on the HAL site, Zuiderdam deck plans, deck by deck and you will note little symbols on some of the far forward cabins. Look at the "symbol chart" and you will note that they tell you they are metal. This is also an excellent place to check what is above and below the cabins, as well as the lay out of the ship. You have asked a very good question, one that most folks don't even think about. gg ****It appears to me that the Upper Promenade, Deck 4, forward, may be the only deck that has the steel veranda railings, but just double check. gg

Archived