Returning from the Inspiration?

bjkeen

• 2 weeks later...

Of our 4 rooms two were hot, unbearable at times. After 3 calls and crew up to check it out we were given fans for these rooms. Also there was an almost constant sewer smell, very slight but foul nontheless. Imagine a hot, stuffy, smelly room for seven days! Those were the two biggies. A minor one was our 4 rooms were not in the same muster station areas. Two A and two B. I will say this that the crew did their best to help with the problems.

I am not a complainer and I realize that no vacation is perfect. Although a cruise comes close. Of our several cruises this has been the first real problem. It did not spoil our time, would not let it.

I am staying in U29 for the indefinate future (thanks Frances, I appreciate it!) and I have not noticed any strange smells. We did find it uncomfortably hot for the first day, but once I found out how to open the vent further, the room has consistantly gotten too cold for DW. We've gotten her extra blankets from out cabin steward, Rohan, and she just bundles up while I freeze, as I prefer.

I did, however, notice a slight 'spoiled' smell coming from the area immediately surrounding the drink station outside on the Lido deck. That is the only smell I have noticed. DW might disagree though... She seems to complain about something I do regularly in my sleep. I don't know what she is talking about though... ;)

Archived