Cab vs. Carnival Shuttle in NY

dgossett

We will be cruising out of New York on Sept 22nd, I've read several posts to this site but I'm still confused. HELP!!!! Does anyone know the fare from LGA to the pier and from the pier back to LGA? We are flying in on the day of the cruise mid morning and returning at noon. Is it easy to just flag a cab down. I know Carnival charges 80 pp. HELP!!

Thanks

Debbie

a cab should be about 30-35 each way. That is per cab not per person. It will be very easy to get a cab from LGA to the Manhattan Cruise terminal as literally hundred of cabs will be lined up at the airport. Mid morning it should take 30-40 minutes. Going back cabs do line up but it is just slightly mor difficult going back....A car service Carmel or any other will also charge about the same amount but you have to call them for them to come. Sometimes going back its easier to walk across 12th avenue and catch a cab on the other side but with luggage you just wait. I don't believe the wait is any longer than waiting for the bus to fill up.....

The other plus about taking a cab/car back to LGA is that you can go directly to your terminal. LGA has 4 distinct terminals (Marine Air, Central, US Airways, & Delta). The shuttle bus will most likely make stops at all of them. If your terminal is the first one, you're lucky. If it's the last, the wait can be agonizing.

We will be cruising out of New York on Sept 22nd, I've read several posts to this site but I'm still confused. HELP!!!! Does anyone know the fare from LGA to the pier and from the pier back to LGA? We are flying in on the day of the cruise mid morning and returning at noon. Is it easy to just flag a cab down. I know Carnival charges 80 pp. HELP!!

Thanks

Debbie

Skip the shuttle. The cab will be cheaper and much faster.

Archived