Victoria Whale watching ?

Gypsy509

What company and transportation would anyone advise to go whale watching leaving from Vancouver and going to Victoria. How long is the trip and is it worthwhile? Victoria does sound like a beautiful place and if the whale watch tours are good we could do this here instead of on the cruise. we have three days prior and one day post to do this.

Thanks

NCL Sunward 1983

Carnival 1995

Regal 1998

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Infinity May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I Love it when we're Cruisin together!!

The whales seen are most only Orcas. I go with Seacoast Expeditions the most. Are you taking a car over?? I always do and have the freedom to use different companies. The most convenient is probably Prince of Whales, right on the Inner Harbor. I always go in a zodiac, but they also run regular boats. Reservations are necessary.

What whales are the best to see....when you say you only see orcas....are humpbacks more intresting? We saw Humpbacks and another off the coast of Massachusetts a few years ago and not sure if they were orkas but they threw their entire bodies out of the ocean and flopped on the water it was fantastic!!!

NCL Sunward 1983

Carnival 1995

Regal 1998

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Infinity May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I Love it when we're Cruisin together!!

orcas, or killer whales are actually more in the dolphin family than the other whales and not nearly as big as the humpbacks, etc. I would really like to see the humpbacks and other large whales. I think I used the Prince of Whales (Budget Queen reminded me of the name)at the Victoria harbor. We went in a Zodiac and saw lots of orcas.

Orcas are in the dolphin family. Myself- I'm a humpback girl. icon_smile.gif But as an avid marine wildlife watcher- they are all thrilling for me. icon_smile.gif Orcas are popular due to Free Willy and Shamu. icon_smile.gif

Budget Queen is right. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was disappointed to only see Orcas. We had one breach very close to the Zodizc. It was great. Humpbacks would have been a bonus. Budget Queen, is there is a chance to see humpbacks on these zodiac excursions out of Victoria?

Archived