Currency in Vancouver

PH8

What do you suggest that we do in Vancouver??? Pay for everything with our credit card or bring some Canadian money with us(we get it thru American Express)???

I imagine some things we wont be able to use a credit card for(small things like a soda,etc).

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

I would suggest getting some canadian currency for tipping or buying small items, you can probably use US funds but you will not get a good exchange rate. You can always use ATMs and take it out as you need it.

My cruise history,

Serenade of the Seas, 08/2004

Voyager of the Seas, 07/2003

Nordic Empress, 11/1998

I travel in Canada quite a bit and always get Canadian funds for small purchases, soft drinks, taxis etc.. you pay so much more if you us US dollars and if you can get the funds through Amex, wouldn't hesitate.. we got Canadian for our cruise last year with 2 ports calls.. just converted $50 US but still helped out immensely..

Archived