The Majesty One More Time! Crystal Caves ?

mistyw

I was on her June 10th. & will be sailing again July 22nd. with my teenage daughter & her friend. We'd like to do the Crystal caves & a beach all in one day. Can anyone help me with the best way to accomplish that? Thanks!

Take the bus, don't go on the cruise excursion. Go when they first open up and you'll avoid the crowds. Do both caves.. well worth it.

Thanks Surfgirl! About how long will it take to do both caves? Any suggestions for a beach close by?

First let me warn you I have not been to Bermuda yet. But since you are not getting a response to your questions by someone who has I will share with you what I have read on other threads.

The cost to see both caves is $21 and it will take approximately 75 minutes. It is best to go early in the morning to avoid the crowd. The Swizzle Inn is within a short walking distance to eat lunch and have a rum swizzle. It has been suggested that John Smith's Bay is a nice beach close by to go to. I do not know if it is within walking distance or if a short bus ride is needed to get you there. You can always take a bus to Horseshoe Bay from there.

When we were there, fantasy caves was supposed to be open---but it was not---that is supposed to be the better cave. There are two Swizzle Inns--the older one is within walking distance of the caves. I would definitely get to the caves early---we were on the first tour, and when we left, there was a HUGE line for the next tour.

The cost to see both caves is $21 and it will take approximately 75 minutes. It is best to go early in the morning to avoid the crowd. The Swizzle Inn is within a short walking distance to eat lunch and have a rum swizzle. It has been suggested that John Smith's Bay is a nice beach close by to go to. I do not know if it is within walking distance or if a short bus ride is needed to get you there. You can always take a bus to Horseshoe Bay from there.

Last year the price was $18 for both caves for adults. Have they raised the price? Also should mention there are a lot of steps down which might be a problem for seniors or for anyone impaired. As for getting to Horseshoe from there by bus, it would require a change of buses. Best bet for a beach the same day would be John Smith or Tobacco Bay or St. Catherine.

When we were there, fantasy caves was supposed to be open---but it was not---that is supposed to be the better cave. There are two Swizzle Inns--the older one is within walking distance of the caves. I would definitely get to the caves early---we were on the first tour, and when we left, there was a HUGE line for the next tour.

Thanks Fan-Ta-Sea,

Last time I tried to get to the Caves the bus driver forgot to let us off & we never made it. We'll get an early start!

Last year the price was $18 for both caves for adults. Have they raised the price? Also should mention there are a lot of steps down which might be a problem for seniors or for anyone impaired. As for getting to Horseshoe from there by bus, it would require a change of buses. Best bet for a beach the same day would be John Smith or Tobacco Bay or St. Catherine.

Thank you Charles 4515,

That's a big help! Now I just need to decide on a beach. Will Eenie Meenie Miney Mo work?

Hi ~ I had emailed directly to the Crystal Caves about admission since I couldn't find it on their website. The info below is what I received from someone that works there. Hope it helps!!

Our rates are as follows:

Adults - $16 (one cave), $23 (both caves)

Children - $ 8 (one cave), $10 (both caves) ~ Ages 5 thru 12 are considered children –under the age of 5 admitted free.

A discount of 20% is offered for groups of 15 persons or more, but must be paid for in full by one person.

I’ve listed below the answers to a few other questions you might have.

We are open daily from 9:30 ‘til 5:00p.m. – our last tour goes down at 4:30p.m.

The last combination tour leaves at 4:00p.m.

It takes approximately half an hour to see one cave and about an hour

and fifteen minutes to see both.

We are located in the PARISH of Hamilton (not the city).

From Dockyard (King’s Wharf), we are about an hour and fifteen minutes away by bus. – 45 minutes by cab or bike.

From Hamilton, we are 35 minutes away by bus – 20 minutes by cab or bike.

From St. George, we are 15 minutes away by bus – 10 minutes by cab or bike.

We have a lovely gift shop “Fiddlestix” on the premises, as well as an outdoor Café serving breakfast,

lunch, and light refreshments.

Hi ~ I had emailed directly to the Crystal Caves about admission since I couldn't find it on their website. The info below is what I received from someone that works there. Hope it helps!!

Our rates are as follows:

Adults - $16 (one cave), $23 (both caves)

Children - $ 8 (one cave), $10 (both caves) ~ Ages 5 thru 12 are considered children –under the age of 5 admitted free.

A discount of 20% is offered for groups of 15 persons or more, but must be paid for in full by one person.

I’ve listed below the answers to a few other questions you might have.

We are open daily from 9:30 ‘til 5:00p.m. – our last tour goes down at 4:30p.m.

The last combination tour leaves at 4:00p.m.

It takes approximately half an hour to see one cave and about an hour

and fifteen minutes to see both.

We are located in the PARISH of Hamilton (not the city).

From Dockyard (King’s Wharf), we are about an hour and fifteen minutes away by bus. – 45 minutes by cab or bike.

From Hamilton, we are 35 minutes away by bus – 20 minutes by cab or bike.

From St. George, we are 15 minutes away by bus – 10 minutes by cab or bike.

We have a lovely gift shop “Fiddlestix” on the premises, as well as an outdoor Café serving breakfast,

lunch, and light refreshments.

Hi rcclfamily,

Thank you so much, that is a huge help! I very much appreciate all of the information! Now I feel much better about planning our day there.

Just getting back from Bermuda~ If you have one day only do one cave, We did Fantasy Cave. It is the better cave in my opinion and not so crowded. ALot of people don't know about Fantasy Cave so this is the one to do we were in and our in an hour and sitting at THe Swizzle Inn having drinks! This was one of my most favorite days!

Archived