Seattle/Vancouver

hammybee

We are building extra time into our HAL cruise from Seattle. We are thinking of taking the shuttle bus from SEA to Vancouver for a few days before the cruise and bunking down in Seattle for a few days after the cruise.

Does it make sense to spend 2 days in Vancouver before the cruise, given that it is out last port of caall but we are only there from 8-midnight.

hammybee

i personally would spend an extra week in vancouver if i could. this is a wonderful city and so much to do. capilino suspension bridge, grouse mt, grandville market, stanley park and so many more to see and do. take a walk along the sea wall, see museums, exibits and aquariams besides gastown, china town and robson st ( if you have lots of money ). go to www.bcpassport.com and you can see all there is too offer. i cant wait to go back for my pre-cruise stay. have a great time and wonderful cruise.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

If you are round trip Seattle, don't you mean Victoria for your last port?? But - yes- see Vancouver, or overnight in Victoria. Excellent touring opportunities there and in Washington. icon_smile.gif

We're doing 3 nights in Vancouver pre-cruise and I wish that we had longer now that I've read everything that's available. I agree with everything that's been mentioned so-far and also would like to add that we are going to spend time on Granville Island (sounds like Pike Place market in Seattle) and we're also going to a production of Bard on the Beach. Our friends recently visited there with a child and liked the aquariam. Also, the trams and suspension bridges in North Vancouver sounded interesting, but we won't have enough time for those. icon_frown.gif

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

Archived