Victoria at Night

hammybee

We are in Vctoria from 8-midnight. Can we do anything worthwhile on our own during this brief time or should we take an excursion? The gardens or the Chineese Latern thing sound like fun. Has anyone done either of these and what did you think?

Hammybee

Two years ago, we were on HAL Amsterdam which stopped in Victoria the same times as you. Due to the short stay, we decided just to take a taxi into the harborfront. Our taxi driver offered to extend our ride and give us a tour of Victoria for an extra $10 or $15, as I recall.Our little mini tour was well worth it.

If you are going to B Gardens you might have to take the ship excursion because I believe the gates close at 8PM for the general public but visitors can stay until 10 or 10:30PM. Check out the B Garden's web site.

This was part of a reply I got from the Gardens last week when I asked a few questions of them in relation to hours.

"Our summer season begins on June 15th with gates closing at 10:30pm. We are

however, staying open on a few dates prior to June 15th to accommodate some of

the early cruise ships. These dates are May 21, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 11, 12, when our

gates will close at 8pm, grounds at 10pm.

Archived