Need Good Advice

Wilbo

I am like a kid in the Candy shop & want all the candy. I know I can't have it all.

Only extended cruise we had was with a Dam Ship [Noordam] through the Panama Canal this past April.

I would like to book a 20 - 30 day cruise in April 2008 or 2009. Short cruises I do not enjoy.

Need recommendations from you experts. What would you book?

Look forward to hearing your advice.

We loved our 28 days on the Maasdam - it was a 7 day round trip Vancouver-Alaska-Vancouver, Then stayed on the ship for 21 more days down the Pacific coast, thru the Panama Canal and ended in Ft. Lauderdale. Repositioning cruises are great (we had no flying ) on any ship.

But our favorite (so far) has been the 56 day Grand Med & Africa, from and to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

If you don't mind flying then pick an online TA or the HAL website and with those amount of days - check out what they have.

I don't think I could take a 7 day anymore.

MaryAnn

My first HAL cruise was the Valparaiso to Rio cruise of about 21 days with a pre trip to the amazing Machu Pichu. South America has some really interesting places and fabulous scenery. You would not regret this itinerary and since we were on it in 2003, they go close to Antarctica.

I know you said "April" -but for a really NICE long cruise- look to the Amsterdam's "Pacific Rim " cruise in September and October 2008. The real advantage -besides the marvelous ports/exciting itinerary -is you fly TO Seattle and fly home from San Diego. This cruise is [?] 64 days.

We like the longer cruises as well now that we are retired. People ask "Don't you get bored?" but I can honestly say -"Look INWARD; do you get bored at HOME? Are you impatient with lengthy cruises/long vacations where you aren't being entertained EVERY minute?" When we took our first 2 month cruise we heard people say "I can't WAIT to get off" but WE weren't one of those people -and we've done 3 long cruises since then......It isn't what "they" provide -its MOSTLY what YOU are like! That is neither a "good" thing or a "Bad" thing...it just IS!

Anne

Archived