Getting from Disney World to Port Canaveral

JC Cruiser

Hello All! I have a quick question. My wife and I will be staying at Disney World prior to our 3 night Sensation cruise in September. We need to find some sort of transportation from Disney World to Port Canaveral. Any suggestions??? My only idea is to purchase Carnival transfers and come back to the Orlando Airport to catch the transportation to Port Canaveral. I would much rather find a direct route, if one is available.

Thanks for your help!!!

Popular opinion here seems to be to rent a car and do a one-way rental from Disney to Port Canaveral. I'm sure that the Disney resorts have car rental desks on-site or will be able to arrange the rental for you. The problem with the Carnival transfers is two-fold: first, you have to go all the way back to the Orlando airport and two, once there, you have to wait for the Carnival bus to fill up which could take a few hours depending on the in-coming flights schedule. Good luck!

We've always used a rental car. For the 3 night cruises, we found using that in general, it was cheaper for us to rent for the entire weekend, and park in the port lot, than to do 2 one-way rental.

Alamo has an onsite rental area, with a shuttle. National/ALamo have a rental desk at the Dolphin, and most of the other major car places have offices in hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Archived