Norwegian Majesty St. George's Bermuda

Yup. In October.

Any questions we might help you with??

Thanks for your reply. I see that you have been on many cruises, we have only been on one previous "Carnival Imagination" which was a nightmare. We are searching for that next cruise and I noticed that Norwegian Majesty stops in Bermuda for 2.5 days. If you have been on this ship or have any comments about this cruise please share your thoughts. I am thinking being in Bermuda for an extended time might be nice.

THANKS!

Any one been on this cruise from Charleston, SC?

We were on the Majesty to Bermuda out of Boston, and it was great. We were in Bermuda from Tuesday morning until Friday at noon. Very relaxing...

The 7 day cruise from Charleston will give you an extra day in Bermuda over the 6 day cruise.

Have a great time.

Jackie

There's general agreement that you will like Bermuda. And Don's right: buy the pass for the bus/ferry service. They offer 1 day and 3-day passes, I know, and may have other selections as well.

You'll dock in St Georges, the extreme East end of the Island. You enter the harbor there through a narrow cut, and it's worthwhile going out to the bow to watch the ship thread that needle.

You can head out to the West End (Royal Naval Dockyard/Kings Wharf) one day and use the ferry to return to St Georges after shopping.

Buses run constantly during daylight hours and the bus stops are conveniently located and cleverly marked by pink/blue poles. One bit of advice: since Bermuda limits each household to one car (no limit on mopeds) there's a crowd on the buses during the morning and afternoon rush hours. Be aware of that if you're traveling at those times and be prepared to stand if necessary.

We enjoy this particular cruise for the reason you state: you have a great chance to experience Bermuda for 3 days ... not 8 hours like many cruise ports.

Norwegian Majesty is smaller than Imagination ... 41,000 GRT vs 70,000 GRT, and has no balconies on any staterooms. Her decor is much more subdued than Carnival. The crew seems to be among the friendliest we've encountered, but be prepared for smaller staterooms ... standards are 108 sq ft and "superiors" are 145 sq ft. Cat AB Suite is 235 sq ft.

Be aware that parking at the terminal in Charleston is (I think) $12/car/day (or is it $15...?) and is payable in CASH only.

Jackie may I ask what you thought of the food available on the Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda?

Thanks

Marley4cruisenews

We thought the food was mostly very good, but that was a year ago. We are pretty easy to please though.

The Cream of Mushroom Soup in the breadbowl at Le Bistro on the Majesty was the best I've ever had. I ordered it on the Dawn and it was not as good, much too salty. I guess it depends who makes it, even though they usually use the same recipes. Things seem to change quickly and there are so many opinions when it comes to food.

The crepes to order (poolside at breakfast) were fantastic. We had jerk chicken at the buffet that was delicious, but DH and friends ordered it in the dining room and it wasn't as good.

This is a link to a partial review I did, and I did mention some of the food.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366734

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Jackie

We thought the food was mostly very good, but that was a year ago. We are pretty easy to please though.

The Cream of Mushroom Soup in the breadbowl at Le Bistro on the Majesty was the best I've ever had. I ordered it on the Dawn and it was not as good, much too salty. I guess it depends who makes it, even though they usually use the same recipes. Things seem to change quickly and there are so many opinions when it comes to food.

The crepes to order (poolside at breakfast) were fantastic. We had jerk chicken at the buffet that was delicious, but DH and friends ordered it in the dining room and it wasn't as good.

This is a link to a partial review I did, and I did mention some of the food.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366734

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Jackie

Jackie, thanks that is just what I was looking for the MENU's. At least there is a MENU instead of cold pizza or burgers with old dried out bread.

MANY THANKS!

I'm not Jackie, but...

We thought the good very good, as well. We mostly dined in the smaller dining room, and the service was excellent. The steaks were tender and not terribly chewy as some are.

We dined at LeBistro one evening, but didn't want to return since the menu remained the same and dinner was a two-hour event. I remember the servers bringing us much more than we'd ordered ... they were very eager to please.

Jackie, thanks that is just what I was looking for the MENU's. At least there is a MENU instead of cold pizza or burgers with old dried out bread.

MANY THANKS!

You're very welcome.

I'm guessing that you saw the menus I posted in my signature. The menus for the Majesty are before the menu change, but if you look at the Dawn menus i the same link, you will see the newer menus that are fleet wide.

They did have hot pizza at the Piazza San Marco, and we've always found the breads to be excellent, especially on the Dawn.

Jackie

I'm not Jackie, but...

We thought the good very good, as well. We mostly dined in the smaller dining room, and the service was excellent. The steaks were tender and not terribly chewy as some are.

We dined at LeBistro one evening, but didn't want to return since the menu remained the same and dinner was a two-hour event. I remember the servers bringing us much more than we'd ordered ... they were very eager to please.

I have to agree about the staff and crew. They were fantastic on the Majesty, the best and most eager to please we've come across.

Jackie (angeljt) you are so awesome to post all those menus and daily flyers!!!! That's exactly what I have been looking for, just to get a good idea of what there is to do. You are just such a great person, to take the time!

I have a few (more) general questions, for anyone to answer...

What is the current (as current as possible) passport situation? My husband and I have passports, my 3 kids have applied but they may not be in but August 19th, our sail date.

It says (on the daily flyers) coffee and tea available 24 hours. Is there a charge for coffee and tea? (I'm assuming yes, but hoping no).

Can you get by without dressing up for dinner? What I mean is, how many of the restaurants require you to dress up, and will we really "miss out" if we choose not to go to those places?

Are the kids programs really age appropriate? I have a 10 and 12 year old. Will the 12 year old be subject to watching Disney movies? I also have a 17 year old. Will she be "bored"? (I don't plan on purchasing internet cafe).

I may have a dozen more questions before we leave! Thanks to any answers that anyone has the time to post!!!

Denisegold,

You're very welcome. I enjoy doing it, and I've received a lot of info from other CC members and it's nice to be able to offer the info when I am able to do it.

I'm not sure about the passports, but you can find more info here... I would also call NCL.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/news/TSA.cfm

I believe the coffee and tea are always free except for the specialty coffees or at the Cafe Royale. You can always get a couple of pots from room service too for the price of a tip.

You don't have to dress up for any of the restaurants, but no shorts or bathing suits are allowed. I'm not sure about jeans.

I can't help with the kids programs, but don't let them text message from a cell phone. It's very expensive. You can probably find an internet cafe in Bermuda that is pretty cheap by the hour if they can't live without emailing their friends.

Jackie

A friend of mine also sent me this info before her Med cruise in June. She is in CT, but you could probably do the same thing here.

Spent this past Saturday getting travel stuff all organized and had to get our local Congressman, Christopher Murphy involved in Bill's passport. They have a special task group dealing with the problem and are now involved and will have Bill's renewal issued by the end of this week.

Seems all Congress persons have a couple of people in their staff solely working on this as the passport system is really bogged down right now. I found this out when I Goggle Bogged "National Passport Services" and was advised on others notes who had problems (and there were many) in getting renewals issued to get your local congress rep involved if leaving within 12 days.

Just came back from the Majesty and met a couple with there kids. There kids passports never came so the cruise ship let them us there birthcert! I guess this has been a problem so they have wavied the passport rule until next Jan. 2008. At least that's what we were told.

Just came back from the Majesty and met a couple with there kids. There kids passports never came so the cruise ship let them us there birthcert! I guess this has been a problem so they have wavied the passport rule until next Jan. 2008. At least that's what we were told.

I have heard this as well, it's just so sketchy and day to day (the passport info). I also have heard you should print out proof of applying for your passport (kids) and also have their birth cert. I really just hope their passports show up in time, because I have a different last name then they do, so I don't want any trouble. :eek:

I would make a copy of applying for the passport doc. And also bring original birth cert. Make sure it has the raised seal on it. Hope your passports come in before you leave it would be alot easier on you. Good Luck and have fun.

Archived