FLL Thanksgiving (early, I know)

Name game

I will be in Ft. Lauderdale over Thanksgiving. There will be anywhere between ten and twelve of us. We want to go to a nice place for Thanksgiving dinner. Any suggestions?

1/2 of us at Hyatt Pier 66, 1/2 of us at Marriott Harbour Beach.

I am obsessed with doing early research (no kidding!). If no answers then I will ask again in October.

Thanks in advance.

Besides your hotel most likely offering a special Thanksgiving dinner, I'm sure many of the restaurants around town as well as other hotel restaurants will be open for business with holiday fare. When I was there in 2005 before a Liberty cruise we even noticed a local sports bar offered up a Thanksgiving Dinner plate with all the fixings. Once you start noticing restaurants that interest you, check their websites about 2-3 weeks prior to the holiday or call for information and make your reservations or just play it by ear.

Give the hotel restaurants a call. The Hyatt may already be accepting reservations for that night. I use to work the phones/group reservations at a 5 star restaurant at the Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando and we accepted reservations up to a year in advance. Perhaps someone can give you an idea of what they typically serve on Turkey-Day. That being said, if you are accustomed to a wonderful home cooked, traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I'm sure nothing will taste as good. I know I was disappointed with my Thanksgiving dinner that was served on the Enchantment. :(

Give the hotel restaurants a call. The Hyatt may already be accepting reservations for that night. I use to work the phones/group reservations at a 5 star restaurant at the Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando and we accepted reservations up to a year in advance. Perhaps someone can give you an idea of what they typically serve on Turkey-Day. That being said, if you are accustomed to a wonderful home cooked, traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I'm sure nothing will taste as good. I know I was disappointed with my Thanksgiving dinner that was served on the Enchantment. :(

Thank you. I will give the hotel a call. I live in Manhattan with the tiniest stove in the tiniest kitchen in the world. Home cooked turkey is not the norm for me. ;)

There is a local restuarant called Tropical Acres. Its family owned and run for many many years. The always have a Thanksgiving feast. You can make reservations. It would be a taxi ride from the hotels proberly $20 a cab. Maybe the hotels can make arrangements to get you there.

This way you can have a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, or one of their good steaks.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
There is a local restuarant called Tropical Acres. Its family owned and run for many many years. The always have a Thanksgiving feast. You can make reservations. It would be a taxi ride from the hotels proberly $20 a cab. Maybe the hotels can make arrangements to get you there.

This way you can have a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, or one of their good steaks.

Linda

Hi Linda,

On your advice I contacted this establishment and booked reservations for Thanksgiving for the two of us. Thank you again for the heads up!!

Hi Linda,

On your advice I contacted this establishment and booked reservations for Thanksgiving for the two of us. Thank you again for the heads up!!

As soon as I get the ok from the rest of my group then I will be booking this place too. There will probably be a big cruise critic contingent there :p.

Archived