No bar set-ups for NCLA?

Wendolyn

I just received an e-mail response to my query regarding ordering a bar set-up, and am wondering if this is something they have always done or have they just started? I am really starting to regret booking this cruise.:rolleyes:

"Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, bar set ups are not done the America Ships (Pride of

Aloha, Pride of America, & Pride of Hawaii). However, you can order wine

or champagne as amenity orders for your cabin. Thanks

Elena Sosa

Group Event Planner, Pride of Aloha"

I don't think hotels in Hawaii are allowed to sell alcohol by the bottle, why would you expect otherwise for a cruise ship not leaving the State. It's not a NCLA policy, but State Law that prevents NCLA from selling the bar setup.

Since you'll be spending every day ashore on a seven day cruise, drink your liquor while ashore. You'll also save cash compared to the prices for liquor aboard the ship.

It just seems like every time I turn around there is some new drawback to this cruise. I prefer to mix my own drinks, so I like having a bar set-up. It's not a huge deal, but it just irritated me and my first thought was they probably don't allow it so they can nail everyone full price plus on drinks.

Lol- it certainly won't ruin our trip, but so far just about the only thing this cruise seems to have going for it is Hawaii. I'm not into being pampered, so the service issues aren't a huge concern, but there have been sooooo many things that have popped up that I am resigned to following everyones advice and just treating this like a floating hotel rather than a cruise experience. I guess I will have to look forward to our Disney cruise next year for that!

Lol- it certainly won't ruin our trip, but so far just about the only thing this cruise seems to have going for it is Hawaii. I'm not into being pampered, so the service issues aren't a huge concern, but there have been sooooo many things that have popped up that I am resigned to following everyones advice and just treating this like a floating hotel rather than a cruise experience. I guess I will have to look forward to our Disney cruise next year for that!

The AA Suites on the Pride of Aloha come with three bottles of liquor of your choice, other than this there are plently of bars on the ship.

So the suites have bar set-ups?:rolleyes:

Look- I like NCL. NCLA_ not so much. I'll go and have fun and probably won't even miss the bar set-up- it's not like I'm much of a drinker. Here's the deal: I've been coping with all the bad reports by anticipating and figuring out how I'll handle situations. Dirty stateroom? Np- I'll bring a few cleaning supplies. We'll bring lots of snacks for all the times the restaurants are not open, and I thought I had a handle on the closed bars/delayed and non-existent drink service by having our own back up. It was just a surprise that it wasn't allowed- no need for anyone to get their talons out or their snark on.

So the suites have bar set-ups?:rolleyes:

Look- I like NCL. NCLA_ not so much. I'll go and have fun and probably won't even miss the bar set-up- it's not like I'm much of a drinker. Here's the deal: I've been coping with all the bad reports by anticipating and figuring out how I'll handle situations. Dirty stateroom? Np- I'll bring a few cleaning supplies. We'll bring lots of snacks for all the times the restaurants are not open, and I thought I had a handle on the closed bars/delayed and non-existent drink service by having our own back up. It was just a surprise that it wasn't allowed- no need for anyone to get their talons out or their snark on.

Have you sailed NCLA? There are far more positive reviews on this ship than bad, we sailed in March and had no bad experiences. Clean stateroom, friendly stewarts and staff, room service is available 24/7, excellent dining choices, etc. If you have a positive attitude that you are going to enjoy yourself, you will.

If you have such complaints already, I suggest you cancel and take a Cunard Cruise.

We sailed the POAm in March. We received a notice in the daily to order liquor for the room. I believe it was either in Sunday or Monday's daily. A 750 ml bottle of liquor and a six pack of soda was $35. My DH ordered a bottle of Seagram's and ginger ale and it was delivered by room service in about 30 minutes. He enjoyed seven and sevens in the cabin the rest of the week. I brought a half a bottle of wine back from dinner and enjoyed that.

It is a little bit pricey compared to home but we figured it would be a little less expensive and more convenient than going to the bar

If that were to be the case on POA as well, that would be great! Even if not, I really am not going to let it affect my vacation. It's not like we can't afford to buy drinks- it really was more for the convenience factor. I was just kind of surprised, but it was an erroneous assumption on my part that the bar set-up was available to being with. So, apologies for any negativity pre-cruise, but the gloves are off when it comes to review time! (Actually, I'm pretty laid back- if I do hand out any negatives in my review, they will have had to really messed up).

Oh, and the price you quoted was about $15 less than our Cuervo set-up on the Star, so it looks like you actually got a good deal!

Archived