NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

i have 480 points, i have 400 in charges outstanding when my bill arrived.i went ahead and paid my bill, and the extra 400 om my updated charges, i was never given credt for this amount, i called and they said it will be on next months points, so i feel they may try to screw us on points because it's when u statement ends date,not when u pay.i'll make because i have other charges too.hope we all stay together as group and fight them on this.

larry

p.s what credit card are u switching too? i/m undecided

Larry, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion quite yet. It's always been that our points are not shown to us until the statement closisng date.

As far as which cc we'll use, we're undecided too. We've gotten the Amex Cash card and the Cap. one card. I'm still waiting to here exactly what the new card is going to offer.

I see now where my post didn't make sense. Of course that makes sense that now you will start to accumulate new points from the purchases starting the 20th to the 31st. If you need more points to get a certificate, are you going to attempt to accumulate them with purchases from the 20th to the 31st?

My statement date is at the end of the month, so the point is moot for me, but I'm curious how many of you trust that points can still be attained AFTER your Dec. statement date.

I'm depending on 250 points to post from 12/13 to 12/31. I have a printout of the NCL website stating that points can be earned up until 12/31. I'll also fight the 90 day notification rule if need be.

Honestly, I think they'll pay out Compass Rewards points through 12/31 as NCL's site indicates. The fact that NCL aleady adjusted their website to specifically state they will pay through 12/32 after initially stating through the Statement date is an indication that they and BOA realized they were opening themselves up for a class action suit they were guarenteed to lose.

I see now where my post didn't make sense. Of course that makes sense that now you will start to accumulate new points from the purchases starting the 20th to the 31st. If you need more points to get a certificate, are you going to attempt to accumulate them with purchases from the 20th to the 31st?

My statement date is at the end of the month, so the point is moot for me, but I'm curious how many of you trust that points can still be attained AFTER your Dec. statement date.

AW -

I'm hoping points will be earned after our Dec statement date (but before 12/31). I need about 100 more points from 12/18 - 12/31 and I am planning on making the required charges today (prepayment of some things) so that this will post well ahead of time.

I still have a bad feeling about this working out, but everything does point in favor of having until 12/31 to earn points (NCL's web site, the original terms of the card (3 months notice), some folks discussions with BOA).

Good luck! Time will tell in a couple of weeks!

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if you can use a gift card from one store to purchase a gift card for another store? For example, lets say I was given a gift card for Kmart. There's nothing I want there, so I use the Kmart gift card to buy a Pizza Hut gift card on their gift card rack. Anyone know if I can do this and what stores allow it?

lump: My usual place to buy all my gift card for other purchases to earn the 5% at drug stores, etc. is CVS. This is their policy

NOTE: CVS gift cards cannot be used online at CVS.com, or to purchase any other retailers gift card or prepaid card that CVS/pharmacy may carry.

I only need 4 more points :rolleyes: So I' not that concerned, as I will make a big deal if they don't give them to me.

I'm also leaving like 70 points on my other NCL card. So I will ask to have them more over to make up the 4 points if they give me a hard time.

I really wanted to have them all by 12/20 but some things I thought would hit the Nov. billing didn't so that left more 4 points short :eek:

I've tried searching this post to see if anyone else has experienced a problem with B of A not posting REWARDS points on their statement. I have not had points added since September. I've e-mailed them to ask them to rectify it and am waiting for their reply. We have used the card a lot since then but every month there are no points. If you can direct me to a post that has had the same problem and hopefully, a solution, it would be much appreciated.

I've tried searching this post to see if anyone else has experienced a problem with B of A not posting REWARDS points on their statement. I have not had points added since September. I've e-mailed them to ask them to rectify it and am waiting for their reply. We have used the card a lot since then but every month there are no points. If you can direct me to a post that has had the same problem and hopefully, a solution, it would be much appreciated.

Could you have gone over your limit of 1000 points since your last anniversary date?

Good luck getting them to move from one card to another. We tried and it was a "no go".

I wouldn't need to as I know they won't do it. BUT if they give me a hard time about the 4 points i need from now to 12/31 I will bring up thiose points I lost on my other account.

I hope they don't give any of us issues with the points we need from closing date to the 31st.

Time will tell.

Edited by judyf

Could you have gone over your limit of 1000 points since your last anniversary date?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I have never gone over but I was assuming if you did the points just would not shop as you can't earn them after the 1000.

I am trying to clarify....Are we only getting certificates in 100 and 500 increments? What happens to the points that do not add up to the 100 or 500 increments?

Yes, I would think that the certificates will be in 100 or 500 increments. JMHO.

As Monte said above, any points left over will be lost and will not be added to the World Points card.

Edited by AWinkler

i have 480 points, i have 400 in charges outstanding when my bill arrived.i went ahead and paid my bill, and the extra 400 om my updated charges, i was never given credt for this amount, i called and they said it will be on next months points, so i feel they may try to screw us on points because it's when u statement ends date,not when u pay.i'll make because i have other charges too.hope we all stay together as group and fight them on this.

larry

p.s what credit card are u switching too? i/m undecided

You should get credit for the $400 you prepaid on the next statement.......... but that is worth 12 points, so you still need about $300 in charges ASAP assuming you don't have any returns or credits pending. Grocery cards are a good idea. I, too, am wondering how they will calculate all these points, mid-cycle....

I think I will go with Capital One No Hassel Miles for Ultra Professionals. It looks very flexible and give a flat 2%. I may also pick up a Amex Blue Sky or Blue Cash. We have Discover, which I will use in the interim for cash back.

I am trying to clarify....Are we only getting certificates in 100 and 500 increments? What happens to the points that do not add up to the 100 or 500 increments?

How many certificates will I receive?

Based on your points balance as of December 31, 2008, you will receive certificates in usual increments of 100 and 500 points toward a stateroom upgrade and/or a discount on your cruise.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#HowManyCert

The odd points will be lost.

Noreddye --

As you may be aware, the 100 point certificates are upgrade certificates, not dollars... that's why so many folks are trying to get points in 500-point increments - in order to get $500 certificates instead of the upgrades.

I just put my last charge on one card that had the Dec statement date of Dec. 18th.... so, we'll see if they honor the "through Dec 31" timeframe to accumulate points!

Either way, it was a great program... sadly, time to look for a different one... unless they offer some special NCL cruise rewards that may amount to more than 1%.

Question: I know the number I should call to get my cruise certificate is on the back of the card, right? I have to order mine soon because my final payment is due 2/2/09. If someone has a better number, please share it with me.

Also, we use a TA, so should I be mailing the certificate to my TA, or directly to NCL?

My statement date is tomorrow, and I'd like to get the ball rolling asap. Thanks.

Question: I know the number I should call to get my cruise certificate is on the back of the card, right? I have to order mine soon because my final payment is due 2/2/09. If someone has a better number, please share it with me.

Also, we use a TA, so should I be mailing the certificate to my TA, or directly to NCL?

My statement date is tomorrow, and I'd like to get the ball rolling asap. Thanks.

I've always redeemed our certificates by calling the # on the back of our cards. Never had a problem and have many certificates over the years.

Regarding sending certificates to your TA or directly to NCL: I think this depends on your TA and your TA's rules and wishes.

Our TA has us send the original certificates to their office and the agency forwards the certificates on to NCL. We make a copy of the original certificates and send the certifictes via certified mail to our online TA agency and the TA takes care of making sure they are applied to our bill.

Dianne

I ordered a Citi Cashreturns card and guess what among the 400 merchants that give extra points are all the main cruise lines. NCL pays 4% still don't know what that means in the real world but it is better than 1 point per dollar. Most of the main merchants are there from Macy's to Walmart. You have to register the card at the site but that was easy. Thanks again for all the good information on his forum. You guys are great. Happy Holidays

Thanks to each and every one of you who have posted information here!!! If it weren't for this thread I would have never earned that last $500 certificate, and would have $500 instead of $1,000 credit towards our next cruise! Thanks to you for the "coin" idea, which really helped - even if I was a wreck when they were in transit. Also, because of all your info, we now have $1,500 in grocery gift cards, and won't have to pay for food until the end of 2009!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! Let's remember those who are simply worried about how they will pay their bills this month, instead of how to get the max points on their credit card.

Thanks again for all your help. I expect this board to be quite busy in January when the final points are tallied and the certificates are mailed!

I ordered a Citi Cashreturns card and guess what among the 400 merchants that give extra points are all the main cruise lines. NCL pays 4% still don't know what that means in the real world but it is better than 1 point per dollar. Most of the main merchants are there from Macy's to Walmart. You have to register the card at the site but that was easy. Thanks again for all the good information on his forum. You guys are great. Happy Holidays

Is there an annual fee?

I'm still searching for what card to use after Dec. 31st.

I will in the mean time use my AMEX Delta skymiles and my Disney Card. Not great rewards tough.

Let's remember those who are simply worried about how they will pay their bills this month, instead of how to get the max points on their credit card.

Thanks again for all your help. I expect this board to be quite busy in January when the final points are tallied and the certificates are mailed!

I've been feeling guilty too, glad I'm not alone. I'm leaving for a week in Disney on 12/27, I have 2 cruises booked in 2009. I got a really big NCL BOA bill for Dec. to get my last 500 points, that thank god I can pay without any worries.

I feel bad for those that are having a hard time just putting gifts under the tree and food on their table.

I feel very lucky this year. Hope it continues throughout this hard time our country and fellow men are going through.

And yes, thanks for all the great ideas to pre pay things to get that last $500. I will not need to dish out money for food or anything else for months.

Edited by judyf