NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

This probably isn't super helpful, but may shed some light on expected time frames of receiving the docs.....I requested my certificates at the end of December before the program changed over......the document says they were issued on 1/16 and I received them yesterday on 1/27. So it was over a month from the time I requested them until I received them.

Hopefully all of the remaining rewards will be issued on 1/31 and arrive 1-2 weeks later.

I don't know if BofA has always had this on their site, but I just noticed yesterday that when you first click on your acct., there are 4 tabs at the top in gray: Account Activity, My Statements, Services and Rewards. If I click on Rewards, it gives me options on redemption and then also to "Review reward points transaction history." Now the history search engine I found to be a bit cumbersome, but you can click on each of your closing dates in the "go to" box to get a running tally of what they say your points are. You have to click on the closing date and then move over to the right and click "GO!". And then it does show a point total for "conversion" of what they sent over to NCL. That transaction was posted 1/10/09 for us. HTH!

Thank you, that was very helpful. Unfortunately, it showed that they only transfered the points thru my Dec statement date, and not the additional points I earned between then and Dec 31st. I ended up with 997 points. This represents a loss of $500 because they did not credit my additional 5 points I earned. It will cost them my business.

Thank you' date=' that was very helpful. Unfortunately, it showed that they only transfered the points thru my Dec statement date, and not the additional points I earned between then and Dec 31st. I ended up with 997 points. This represents a loss of $500 because they did not credit my additional 5 points I earned. It will cost [i']them [/i]my business.

Same problem here, I had 963 on 12/6, and they did not update for purchases through 12/31. What a frustrating experience!:mad:

Also, my apologies if this has already been posted, but the NCL faqs have been updated to indicate that the CSR's don't have access to the point information so maybe there is still hope that things will work out!

How does this change impact my current NCL MasterCard® credit card?

You should experience no disruption in use. Your card will remain exactly the same and you should continue to use your NCL MasterCard credit card as usual. On January 1, 2009, you have begun earning NCL WorldPoints® rewards rather than Compass Rewards. Please be aware that during the conversion period, Bank of America will be unable to provide you with your new NCL WorldPoints balance until the end of your January statement cycle. Additionally, NCL WorldPoints rewards earned in January may not be reflected in your new point balance until the end of your February statement cycle.

How do I find out my Compass Rewards points balance?

Your Compass Rewards point balance as of December 31, 2008 will be communicated to you by mail with the automatic issuance of your final Compass Rewards Certificates. As of January 1, 2009, Bank of America® customer service associates and NCL representatives do not have access to Compass Rewards point balances.

When my reward program changed, did my interest rate or other credit card terms change?

No, the changes have been made to the reward program only. Any changes to your credit card terms and conditions would be communicated to you in writing by Bank of America.

What happens to the Compass Reward points that I have already earned?

You will receive Compass Reward Certificates by February, 2009, based on your Compass Rewards point balance on December 31, 2008. You may redeem these certificates for either a cruise discount or stateroom upgrade as you have done in the past. Simply book your cruise before the certificates expire; your travel date may occur after the expiration date but before January 31, 2011.

How is Compass Rewards different from the NCL WorldPoints reward program?

The new NCL WorldPoints reward program gives you so many more options to redeem your points. NCL has added a number of exclusive reward redemption options and expanded the program to include cash-back, more travel options as well as merchandise and gift cards. How you earn your points is also different. You will earn 1 WorldPoints point for every $1 in everyday purchases and 2 WorldPoints points for every $1 in purchases directly through NCL.NCL and Bank of America will also have a web portal accessible only by NCL credit cardholders that will feature exclusive NCL cardholder point redemption offers and cruise specials available for purchase only with the NCL WorldPoints MasterCard credit card.

How do I find out more about the NCL WorldPoints reward program?

Based on your points balance as of December 31, 2008, you will receive certificates in usual increments of 100 and 500 points toward a stateroom upgrade and/or a discount on your cruise.

How many certificates will I receive?

Based on your final Compass Rewards points balance as of December 31, 2008, below is a breakdown of the certificate(s) you will be receiving:

Note:

* If you have earned an odd number of points putting you under the next hundred point level, NCL is awarding you an additional upgrade certificate.

* Upgrade certificates cannot be combined and exchanged for a $500 off certificate.

* Upgrade certificates and dollars off certificates are not combinable.

* No exceptions will be made to the number of certificates received outside of what is outlined above.

Edited by Maryfrei

Okay, just in case there is a problem with points earned the second half of December, and we all end up with some USELESS $100 cabin upgrade certificates, let's be prepared!

Everyone should:

1. Copy the FAQs posted on the NCL web site: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cm...passRewardsFAQ

2. Photo copy your January statement when it comes

3. Draw a line under the last December 31 posting on that photocopy

4. Add up the dollars posted in December on that bill and calculate the point earned during that time period (multiply that dollar amount by .03)

When the certificates arrive in February, if they have not sent out the correct amount, write letters to BOA and NCL with this info. Since the info above is posted on an NCL site, if it is incorrect then they should, with the proof mentioned above, issue a $500 cruise credit good for two years, in exhange for the useless $100 cabin upgrade certificates. I don't think they want to lose their most loyal customs because they misinformed people on their web site!

Hopefully, none of that will be necessary, and we will get the correct number of certificates!

c breeze' date=' I couldn't find the former FAQs that talked about points [b']earned[/b] through Dec 31st. The new FAQs talks about points balance as of Dec 31st. I think NCL may already be backtracking on this issue.

This thread has a copy of the FAQ that states Compass Points will accrue through 12/31.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=883583&highlight=compass+rewards+frequently+asked+questions

c breeze' date=' I couldn't find the former FAQs that talked about points [b']earned[/b] through Dec 31st. The new FAQs talks about points balance as of Dec 31st. I think NCL may already be backtracking on this issue.

I copied into a word doc, in case they pulled it. I coped it and pasted it here:

What about my NCL MasterCard is changing?

NCL is replacing the current Compass Rewards program with the brand new NCL WorldPoints program to offer you more benefits than ever. This new reward program will bring you the flexibility of Freestyle Cruising®, with more redemption options for NCL items. Plus, you'll have the option to redeem your points for other travel awards, merchandise, cash-back and retail gift certificates.

Will my account number change?

No, your card will remain exactly the same and you can continue to use your NCL MasterCard as usual. On January 1, 2009, you will just begin earning NCL WorldPoints rather than Compass Rewards.

When my reward program changes will my interest rate or other credit card terms change?

No, the changes will be made to the reward program only. Any changes to your credit card terms and conditions would be communicated to you in writing by Bank of America.

When will I receive more information about the NCL WorldPoints rewards program?

Information on the new program will be available on this website, on your on-line statement and on your mailed NCL credit card statements in December. Stay tuned for more exciting details to come.

What happens to my Compass Rewards?

NCL is ending the Compass Reward program and as stated in the program terms and conditions, you will be issued a Compass Reward certificate(s) based on your December 31, 2008 point balance. Your final certificate(s) will arrive by mail on or before January 31, 2009. You will have one year from date of issue to apply the certificates to a booking, but you will be able to use them towards any NCL cruise before January 31, 2011. Compass Rewards points will not be transferred to the WorldPoints program.

How many certificates will I receive?

Based on your points balance as of December 31, 2008, you will receive certificates in usual increments of 100 and 500 points toward a stateroom upgrade and/or a discount on your cruise.

What do I need to do to get my certificates?

No action is required by you. Certificates will be automatically sent to you after termination of the Compass Rewards program and you will receive them in the mail by January 31, 2009. Certificates will have one-year expiration and cannot be extended further. However, they can be used toward any NCL cruise that is open for sale.

What if my billing cycle ends mid-month?

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends.

What is the new NCL WorldPoints card?

With the new NCL WorldPoints card you will earn double points for every dollar spent on NCL and one point for all other purchases. You will also have exclusive opportunities to redeem points on special NCL offers such as cruises, on-board credits, upgrades and much more.

Will my card change?

No. You can continue to use your NCL credit card as usual. The only change will be that you will begin earning WorldPoints rather than Compass Rewards points as of January 1, 2009.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Thank you' date=' that was very helpful. Unfortunately, it showed that they only transfered the points thru my Dec statement date, and not the additional points I earned between then and Dec 31st. I ended up with 997 points. This represents a loss of $500 because they did not credit my additional 5 points I earned. It will cost [i']them [/i]my business.

This happened to us, as well. Although, curiously enough, they DID include credits for 2 transactions paid to NCL after the Dec. closing date. One on 12/10/08 and the other on 12/20/08, both INcorrectly credited at 1%. But at least it's something that they were included. My thinking is if they included those, they have to include the rest. Let's not give up hope yet!

I do think it's interesting that none of us ever experienced any problem with the crediting of points until the program was ending and a lot of us were trying to squeeze out another $500. :mad:

With reading this, do many of you send in the cert's ahead of final payment?

I have always waited till final payment but it would be a good idea to send them in ahead of time. This way I know they are there and safely accounted for :)

Judy,

As long as I feel that I probably won't have to cancel the cruise, I would send it in early directly to NCL. That's what I did with our April cruise.

I sent a photocopy of the certificates to my TA to let them know I sent it directly to NCL. Then I emailed my TA that I sent the certificates in with a photocopy to her and could she keep an eye out to see when NCL credits our account for xx amount and to forward me a revised invoice with the new remaining balance so I know my final payment amount. About 10 days later she emails me a revised invoice and I know the certificates were applied correctly and how much I still have to pay.

HTH.

Edited by gsc500

I copied into a word doc, in case they pulled it. I coped it and pasted it here:

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends./quote]

Well, it's good you copied it, but has everyone noticed that this statement has been eliminated from the FAQs? I'm hoping this doesn't mean they have changed their minds about honoring charges accrued through the end of the month. I just get suspicious when any business pulls a statement and then replaces it.

Great gal I luckily got, who looked up my account. She sees my account was closed on 12/15 and reopened as Worldpoints on 12/20 with my card sent to me. I tell her I have no card, I shredded my Compass Rewards when they told me that 12/10 billing date is the end of it. Over a month with no B of A card. So she is Next Day Airing me a new card with new account # since whomever may have taken what was sent to me, but it is CLOSED so no one can use it. I told her I hope the jerk tries to use it so the Police get him/her. She agreed that they pay a nice reward to the clerk who gets it.

So by Friday I will have my new card & info on it. No mail today due to the snow says the Post Office. Amazing my driveway was cleared of 2 feet of snow as was steps for the poor replacement guy who shows after 5PM.

I copied into a word doc' date=' in case they pulled it. I coped it and pasted it here:

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends./quote']

Well, it's good you copied it, but has everyone noticed that this statement has been eliminated from the FAQs? I'm hoping this doesn't mean they have changed their minds about honoring charges accrued through the end of the month. I just get suspicious when any business pulls a statement and then replaces it.

I understand. But if you print out what is here, I think it is proof enough. Many of us printed out the original post on the website for our records, which shows their link on the bottom. I still think, they will honor this, but everyone may have to be proactive to get what they are owed. The people who have final payments due beofre the end of March and planned to use thes points are under a time constraint, though.

I just checked the new rewards section at BOA and the 231 points earned from 12/11-31 are not included. I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to 2 women about the missing points. The supervisor was able to read to me that points earned until 12/31 will be credited and agreed that I'd earned 231 in that period. She said they must be doing those points manually and to allow the stated time frame to pass before thinking the points are missing. I asked who "they" were and she said BOA. She said to call 866.954.4077 if I don't have my correct certificates by 2/10/09.

I hope we are all worrying for nothing and that we'll all get what we earned just like they promised.

I just checked the new rewards section at BOA and the 231 points earned from 12/11-31 are not included. I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to 2 women about the missing points. The supervisor was able to read to me that points earned until 12/31 will be credited and agreed that I'd earned 231 in that period. She said they must be doing those points manually and to allow the stated time frame to pass before thinking the points are missing. I asked who "they" were and she said BOA. She said to call 866.954.4077 if I don't have my correct certificates by 2/10/09.

I hope we are all worrying for nothing and that we'll all get what we earned just like they promised.

Thanks for the update. That's the most encouraging thing I've heard yet. Let's hope they're aren't just blowing smoke. Gee, I'm sounding so negative. Guess I just don't trust these banks anymore. :D

Judy,

As long as I feel that I probably won't have to cancel the cruise, I would send it in early directly to NCL. That's what I did with our April cruise.

I sent a photocopy of the certificates to my TA to let them know I sent it directly to NCL. Then I emailed my TA that I sent the certificates in with a photocopy to her and could she keep an eye out to see when NCL credits our account for xx amount and to forward me a revised invoice with the new remaining balance so I know my final payment amount. About 10 days later she emails me a revised invoice and I know the certificates were applied correctly and how much I still have to pay.

HTH.

Thanks Grace, I only owe a little under $1,000 on my next cruise. I think I will send 2 cert in and get in over with and then no final payment. :D

Great gal I luckily got, who looked up my account. She sees my account was closed on 12/15 and reopened as Worldpoints on 12/20 with my card sent to me. I tell her I have no card, I shredded my Compass Rewards when they told me that 12/10 billing date is the end of it. Over a month with no B of A card. So she is Next Day Airing me a new card with new account # since whomever may have taken what was sent to me, but it is CLOSED so no one can use it. I told her I hope the jerk tries to use it so the Police get him/her. She agreed that they pay a nice reward to the clerk who gets it.

So by Friday I will have my new card & info on it. No mail today due to the snow says the Post Office. Amazing my driveway was cleared of 2 feet of snow as was steps for the poor replacement guy who shows after 5PM.

Um, What?? We're getting new cards? That's funny, cos I sure haven't gotten one. Has anyone else?

Um, What?? We're getting new cards? That's funny, cos I sure haven't gotten one. Has anyone else?

I actually got a letter from BofA saying that my card security had been compromised and the same day I got a new card from them. I think this was yesterday or the day before. I hadn't activated the new card yet (not 100% sure I want to, lol), but when I tried to use the old NCL BofA card today it had been deactivated. So, I think mine is a special situation, but yes, I did get a new card.

Here is a link to a section of the current NCL website that explicitly states:

"You will continue to EARN Compass Rewards points for eligible transactions with your current credit card through December 31, 2008."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Compassrewards

So, quick - print it out before they try to change it.

I called BOA a few weeks ago and asked about a receiving a new card and I was told that I would not receive a new card until the expiration date on the one I have was ready to expire. I asked about the 50.00 OBC for using after 1/1/09 and was told that was only for new card holders. In this economic situation, I don't really want to apply for another credit card, I already have enough. I was hoping we would at least get the 50.00 OBC since we have been loyal BOA card holders but I guess not.

Here is a link to a section of the current NCL website that explicitly states:

"You will continue to EARN Compass Rewards points for eligible transactions with your current credit card through December 31, 2008."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Compassrewards

So, quick - print it out before they try to change it.

Printed! Thanks for the link. Let's hope we don't have to use it.

As for new cards, none yet for me.

I called BOA a few weeks ago and asked about a receiving a new card and I was told that I would not receive a new card until the expiration date on the one I have was ready to expire. I asked about the 50.00 OBC for using after 1/1/09 and was told that was only for new card holders. In this economic situation, I don't really want to apply for another credit card, I already have enough. I was hoping we would at least get the 50.00 OBC since we have been loyal BOA card holders but I guess not.

Call back and ask to speak to someone in their retention department. Maybe if you threaten to close the account, they will give it to you.

I find him very entertaining as well as knowledgeable on money & keeping it. I was on his show when I got a $5000 check from a Mystery Shopping company that add "The" to their name that is identical to a company I work for. They state that I am to deposit the check, then use the funds to check into spas around the world & review them for a new web site.

Never been paid in advance before by a company so a red flag went up. Then the ned of the letter wants me to send a $2400 processing fee to a P O Box in Jamaica. RIP OFF. SO I sent the whole thing, envelope & all to my Atorney General. Many other folks fell for this getting ripped off whn the check bounced after they sent the money. SO FBI is in on it.

So he was talking about the latest rip off when I called on this, he instantly got more folks calling on it.

Then he got going on Banks and be careful of the credit card with thousands of air miles for free flights all over the world. Folks now are alarmed at being told that they need 100 times the miles to fly. Cruiseline cards are being changed to a fake great card that gives you NOTHING! Watch out for folks that pay their bills in full every month. They are called LEACHES for free loans from the bank. The rest of the users who pay the minimum balance now have to pay hundeds each month and are chaged interest on all new purchases if they do not pay in full. Too bad I taped the show but wasn't home to call in & no one from CC did.

I'm one of those "leaches" :D that the credit card companies hate because I always pay in full each month. I figure they don't need my interest because they're already getting their percentage of all my purchases from the retailers. In fact, it makes me quite happy to use the bank's money. Lord knows with all their service charges, ATM charges, and other misc banking charges, I'm not getting a dang thing "free" from any bank.