Farewell UK cruise PORT TIMES

cunardqueen

Has anyone noticed the port times for the ROUND UK FAREWELL VOYAGE

Just thought they seemed a bit unusual, Granted its her farewell trip but a 2am- 1159pm in Dublin and a 4am-11.30pm in Belfast.

With the rules of the sea the formal nights might number only 4?:eek: possibly

on the Cork,Edinburgh and the 2 at sea days

I wonder if any onshore events will differ much from the 40th Anniversary cruise.

..and what time are we back in Southampton? Have they planned something so secret:rolleyes: ?

Any thoughts folks?

cheers

Myles

September 2008

30 Tue Southampton, England Depart 5:00 pm

October 2008

1 Wed Cobh (Cork), Ireland 9:00 am - 5:30 pm

2 Thu Dublin, Ireland 2:00 am - 11:59 pm

3 Fri Liverpool, England 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

4 Sat Belfast, Northern Ireland 4:00 am - 11:30 pm

5 Sun Glasgow (from Greenock), Scotland 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

6 Mon Cruising North Sea

7 Tue Edinburgh (from South Queensferry), Scotland 7:00 am - 6:00 pm

8 Wed Newcastle (from Port of Tyne), England 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

9 Thu Cruising North Sea

10 Fri Southampton, England Arrive

Those early morning arrivals in Dublin and Belfast will leave QE2 without much fanfare upon arrival... :rolleyes:

Those are sure to be great days in port, they're sure to turn out in huge numbers to say farewell to QE2. :(

I like that there is a full day at sea for you after Newcastle, before returning to Southampton.

Those early morning arrivals in Dublin and Belfast will leave QE2 without much fanfare upon arrival...

Im sure we can all roll ashore from the yacht club and make enough noise... but it does seem a tad early

I live an hour outside Belfast, and I too am disappointed that we will arrive at 4am. I have invited lots of people to come and see the ship I talk about non-stop. It would have been nice if they could have seen her sail in. Despite this, I'm sure there will be a lot of excitement about her coming. Its only been a few years since any cruise ships started coming to Belfast, and even now its often on the news when any of them come, so I'm sure it will be very big news when the world's most famous ship arrives. I have waited years for her to come here; even last year I wrote 'Please bring the ship to Belfast' on my comment form at the end of my Fjords cruise, and it worked!! Just wish it was not her one and only call here.

Your friends can still come and see QE2 arrive, it will just be at 4am :eek:

No doubt, even at that hour, there will be a large crowd to watch her sail in.

Convince them it will be worth it, as what an awesome sight it will be.

BTW, I visited Belfast about one year ago, and enjoyed it tremendously.

:)

Maybe they felt it was a security issue, as there will no doubt be hundreds of small boats and ships at each port. Perhaps they hoped to slip in under cloak of darkness? Like nobody'd notice?

And Myles, Not to worry. I suspect that long port days or no, dress will be most elegant, no matter what is called for in the program! This is a cause for celebration, and when people celebrate, especially with her being retired soon) they generally dress to the nines without even having to be told!

Karie,

who would love to be there!

[Maybe they felt it was a security issue, as there will no doubt be hundreds of small boats and ships at each port. Perhaps they hoped to slip in under cloak of darkness? Like nobody'd notice?

And Myles, Not to worry. I suspect that long port days or no, dress will be most elegant, no matter what is called for in the program! This is a cause for celebration, and when people celebrate, especially with her being retired soon) they generally dress to the nines without even having to be told!

Karie,

who would love to be there!/QUOTE]

Karie

A passenger l met on last years cruise, promised that if l ever visited Dublin he would show me a good time. Of course l never planned a visit to Dublin then... But now its happening and at 2am.. lm starting to wonder what we can do at 2am in Dublin.. Get some of the of the black stuff inside us:eek:

Perhaps some of our Irish friends might care to come up with some ideas.

Im sure there will be a few ship fans on the quayside to welcome this great Queen to Dublin...

Cheers

Myles

..who expects to get little sleep with all this commings and goings at unearthly hours.. and wishes Karie was there to share in all the excitement:D

Myles,

Some of the best times can be had at 2 AM!

Don't you know?

Well,. usually they started out before that and just continued on but....

Somehow I'll bet you will come up with something to do at 2 AM. Let's see- the Irish, universally known for getting to bed early and having circumspect and contemplative, meditative lives.

Yeah, right! <G>

Karie,

who could cook up some fun with you at 2 AM. Do the pubs close early in Ireland?

Archived