Let me get this straight about a Coffee Card!

Princess Victory

Ok, I buy the coffee card and they punch it for every specialty coffee, but they do not punch it for fresh brew coffee. (right?)

Now every time I want fresh brew coffee where do I need to go to get it?

In the morning at the buffet, can I get my fresh brew coffee there?

Does the coffee card work for room service?

In the dining room do I have to show my coffee card to the waiter and he gets me my fresh brew coffee or cappuccino?

How much is the fresh brew coffee by the cup, without the coffee card?

I think I need a cup right now!

Ok, I buy the coffee card and they punch it for every specialty coffee, but they do not punch it for fresh brew coffee. (right?)

Now every time I want fresh brew coffee where do I need to go to get it?

In the morning at the buffet, can I get my fresh brew coffee there?

Does the coffee card work for room service?

In the dining room do I have to show my coffee card to the waiter and he gets me my fresh brew coffee or cappuccino?

How much is the fresh brew coffee by the cup, without the coffee card?

I think I need a cup right now!

You can get the fresh coffee at any restaurant. The card does not work with room service. Yes, in the dinning room, the waiter will ask for your card and bring you back regular or specialty coffee. As to the cost, I do not recall.

You can get the fresh coffee at any restaurant. The card does not work with room service. Yes, in the dinning room, the waiter will ask for your card and bring you back regular or specialty coffee. As to the cost, I do not recall.

What about at the buffet? Is there a (separate) fresh brew coffee station nearby?

Thanks!

I can only speak for how it works on the Crown Princess (don't know about any of the other ships). Fresh brewed coffee in the International Cafe is $1 a cup for regular coffee. You are correct. They only punch for speciality coffees. I believe the various bars on ship also have brewed coffee (versus the syrup). The coffee is NOT available in the Horizon Court to my knowledge. However, there is always a bar nearby the Horizon Court. In my opinion, the regular coffee in the dining room is just fine. You can order a specialty coffee with dessert and they will need your coffee card for that.

Hope this answers your questions.

You can order your speciality coffee or request brewed coffee from the bartender at the bar or via a waitperson at the buffet area. No, they didn't have a "fresh brew" coffee station there. They had a coffee station that utilized a syrup to make coffee. (That was true on the Island Princess on our April 26, 07 cruise. I can't speak for all Princess ships.)

Hi I have never travelled with princess so have I got the 'Coffee' right.

1) You can purchase a card for speciality coffee's.

2) At Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room regular coffee is free.

3) A self service coffee station is in the buffet are.

4) Room Service regular coffee is free.

5) ? Is complimentary morning coffee served in any of the bar/lounges

6) ? Can you swap 'free' regular coffee for 'free' decaf coffee.

Thanks

On Island, you could get free decaf or reg coffee anywhere, but it was not necessarily brewed, but syrup. If you wanted brewed, at meals, the waiter could get you brewed with your coffee card I guess. I just got lattes at dinner, and would get a large to go cup of coffee at the Patisserie (where you could get lattes) before I went in to breakfast.

Yes, in the dinning room, the waiter will ask for your card and bring you back regular or specialty coffee. As to the cost, I do not recall.

The cost is around $24/card for a 15 day cruise. At least that's what we paid last time. BUT, that is for regular specialty drinks, if you double shot the Latte, it's an extra buck, or add a flavor is an extra .50 cents. So, the card is for "regular" latte's, mocha's, etc...

Also, you might consider giving the waiter a small tip (yes, I know, another tip!). But, you prepay the card... and they include the 15% tip on top. But, I always felt it a bit necessary to give the guy an extra 50 cents or buck for his service. They seem to really appreciate it.

Hey, we can afford it... we're filthy rich capitalistic Americans, right?!?!

You speak about them punching the Coffee Card, Is there a limit on how many Coffee's, Latte's, Specialty drinks you can get?

Coffee made with syrup:eek: ! Now that's just wrong!

Well, it is not really a syrup, it is a concentrate, just like the orange juice.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived