Inside Cabins - what's the difference?

zubee23

What's considered a "better" inside cabin designation? Is an "II" category better than a "K" category? I know they're all inside cabins so they're not the best but are there really any differences between them? If you were to book and Inside GTY cabin what category would you choose?

Can you tell us which ship you're referring to?

On many NCL ships, the inside cabins are the same size, and the designation refers only to location (the price goes up for higher decks and midship locations). On other ships, some inside cabins are larger than others.

The earlier the letter, the higher fares you'll pay.

Here's a general overview of NCL letters for cabins.

A = Suite

B = Balcony

C-H = Oceanviews

I-N = Insides

Ocassionally you'll find CC, II, KK, etc. These twin letters usually indicate Superior cabins, meaning larger sized cabins than a single letter.

I hope this helps. :)

I like the sideways inside cabins better. Seems like there is better use of space and the bathroom door doesn't block the cabin door if it open.

I guess I've never seen a "sideways" cabin before, what's that all about? Any pictures of one?

Thanks.

Happy Sailing!!

Romy

What's considered a "better" inside cabin designation? Is an "II" category better than a "K" category? I know they're all inside cabins so they're not the best but are there really any differences between them? If you were to book and Inside GTY cabin what category would you choose?

I'm on the Spirit for 7/29 and I have a 3 category JJ Inside Cabins. We were told that these cabins are larger than the "standard" inside cabins. I can't remember by how much but it was significant.

Have you TA do some research. I am sure you can find the bigger cabins too...When are you planning on crusing?

Actually, I just looked on NCL's website and my cabins are bigger than other cabins on the same floor that are also classified "JJ" cabins. So it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a "JJ", some are just bigger than others.

I guess I've never seen a "sideways" cabin before, what's that all about? Any pictures of one?

Thanks.

Happy Sailing!!

Romy

If you look at the deck plans a majority of the inside cabins are rectangular with the door on the short axis. These look just like the standard pictures on the website. A few of the inside cabins on each of the upper decks for instance 8637 of the Dawn have the door on the long axis. For some reason this just works better for me so I always try and get these rooms. I'm always coming and going while I'm waiting for my wife to get ready so with the bed to one side when you come in the door and the bathroom, closets, desk to the other two people can come and go without bumping into each other.

I'll look for some picture tonight and try and make another post.

If you look at the deck plans a majority of the inside cabins are rectangular with the door on the short axis. These look just like the standard pictures on the website. A few of the inside cabins on each of the upper decks for instance 8637 of the Dawn have the door on the long axis. For some reason this just works better for me so I always try and get these rooms. I'm always coming and going while I'm waiting for my wife to get ready so with the bed to one side when you come in the door and the bathroom, closets, desk to the other two people can come and go without bumping into each other.

I'll look for some picture tonight and try and make another post.

Thanks Kodos! That sounds very nice, who knew? If you find a picture that would be great too!

Happy Sailing!!

Romy

I'm on the Spirit for 7/29 and I have a 3 category JJ Inside Cabins. We were told that these cabins are larger than the "standard" inside cabins. I can't remember by how much but it was significant.

Have you TA do some research. I am sure you can find the bigger cabins too...When are you planning on crusing?

Standard inside on the majesty are 108 sq ft - the superior inside cabin is 145 sq ft.

Archived