Booking Kids In Nearby Cabins

bigd332

When we went on the Conquest we booked 3 cabins in a row, one for Mom & Dad, one for the 2 boys (ages 15 & 2) and one for the girls (ages 16 & 10). It was cheaper to have 3 cabins than 2 because of the way Carnival was doing their pricing at the time. The baby slept with us, which left my 15yo son in a cabin by himself. I gave everyone 2way radios and we kept in touch with them and I made sure they locked their doors at night and kept their radios on.

We book our kids in an inside cabin as close to ours as possible. They range in age now from 23 to 14. We had to book one adult in their room because of the 25 and under rule.

Just go to the pursers desk and tell them you need another cabin key for the room you'll be sharing with your spouse. In our case I also have to get a key card for the kid who was booked with DH. (4 kids/2 adults 2 in balcony 4 in interior). You don't have to offer up any big explanations or anything. Just tell them your the mom (or dad) and that you need a spare key for the kids room.

Save yourself some grief though and go late in the day or very early you first sea day to get the key cards. (you'll avoid the looooonnnnnng line) After I get ours I simply write (Key) or something on it with a black sharpie so I don't try to use it to get on or off the ship. Or have the pursers desk punch a hole in it or whatever. Just don't write the room number on it in case you lose it, you don't want someone else to gain access.

Went on the Valor and the Glory with 4 adults and three young men 20.22.25 and booked 2 balconies for the 2 sets of parents and one interior for the three boys no problem. Have a friend who booked the Triunph this pass June and her kids are 11,16,18 and they had a ov and the boys had an int. NO PROBLEM

Archived