Booking Kids In Nearby Cabins

bigd332

If they are both over 21 years of age then they are fine. If one is under then you book you in a room with one child and your spouse in the other room with the other child. Once on board the ship, you all go to the Purser's desk and have the cards changed appropriately.

We did this when booking our niece in our cabin to get a past guest rate.

It's done regularly.

Ok, keep in mind we haven't sailed with the kids, yet, but we will be in two weeks.

This is what our TA had us do:

Beacause an adult has to be booked in each cabin, I am booked in an inside cabin with two of the kids. DH is booked in a balcony cabin across the hall with one of the kids. Once we get on board we just put the third child in the inside cabin and I'm in the balcony w/DH.

I understand from these boards that you can go to the Purser's desk to get extra keys.

if the cabins are next to each other(adjoining or not) or across the hall you don't have to book an adult in each.

Also consider Spirit class.....(Pride, Spirit, Miracle or Legend)........the front balconies have an adjoining interior cabin.......my kids are booked into the interior and then we have the next 3 balconies..........I'll have photos in just over 100 days LOL

if the cabins are next to each other(adjoining or not) or across the hall you don't have to book an adult in each.

We were told that we had to book an adult in each room - but I did not book directly with Carnival.

We were told that we had to book an adult in each room - but I did not book directly with Carnival.

Carnival knows what's going to happen anyway....this just eliminates someone taking the time to redo cabin keys....they could be doing something else.

Keep in mind this won't work with guarantees.........some people want the price savings of the guarantee but want to get specific cabins too.......they can't have both (I'm sure Carnival might try to locate close...but it's not guaranteed).......I've read many times where poeple want the guarantee and also want....to be by each other because of the kids. (Not saying this to you....just for anyone else reading)

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Carnival knows what's going to happen anyway....this just eliminates someone taking the time to redo cabin keys....they could be doing something else.

I agree...I figured we couldn't possibly be the only ones playing the "book and switch" game.

Keep in mind this won't work with guarantees.........some people want the price savings of the guarantee but want to get specific cabins too.......they can't have both (I'm sure Carnival might try to locate close...but it's not guaranteed).......I've read many times where poeple want the guarantee and also want....to be by each other because of the kids. (Not saying this to you....just for anyone else reading)

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

This is exactly why we didn't go with guarantees...we needed assurance the kids would be very close to us!!

Hey ... good question ... and I've always wondered about the answer, now I have it ... but another question for yall ... it seems that most of you all have older children (much older) - but I saw this done on the Holiday last November by a couple across from us - their family had the two inside cabins across from us. It was clear from I what I could see (cause they always had the doors propped open) that the mom and dad were in one cabin while the three kids in another cabin. But, all their kids had to be under 10 - and a couple of them quite small - I'm going to say 4. Sometimes, I can be a worry wart, and I couldnt help but think what would they do in the case of an emergency ... I'd be paranoid about my kids being in another cabin being that young! At what age do you all consider this appropriate? I'd say my kids would all have to be teenagers before I would feel comfortable doing this.

Steph

Hey ... good question ... and I've always wondered about the answer, now I have it ... but another question for yall ... it seems that most of you all have older children (much older) - but I saw this done on the Holiday last November by a couple across from us - their family had the two inside cabins across from us. It was clear from I what I could see (cause they always had the doors propped open) that the mom and dad were in one cabin while the three kids in another cabin. But, all their kids had to be under 10 - and a couple of them quite small - I'm going to say 4. Sometimes, I can be a worry wart, and I couldnt help but think what would they do in the case of an emergency ... I'd be paranoid about my kids being in another cabin being that young! At what age do you all consider this appropriate? I'd say my kids would all have to be teenagers before I would feel comfortable doing this.

Steph

my kids are 12 and 6 booked into their own interior........granted it does have the connecting door with our balcony. I guess because of that I'm not worrying too much. I booked over a year out to make sure I could get the cabins for this reason. Don't think I'd be comfortable to have them acrosss the hall. I'm sure it'll be connecting or balcony cabins next to each other for a while. (I'm a balcony snob)

my kids are 12 and 6 booked into their own interior........granted it does have the connecting door with our balcony.

... See, with connecting cabins, I'd probably be a lot more at ease with separate cabins for sure! Which ships offer connecting cabins? I guess they get booked really fast?

... See, with connecting cabins, I'd probably be a lot more at ease with separate cabins for sure! Which ships offer connecting cabins? I guess they get booked really fast?

I'm sure most have connecting cabins....but the Spirit class (Spirit, Miracle, Pride and Legend) have interiors connected with the front balcony..............so I guess this makes 8/ship. Just checked and not on Panorama....so only 6/ship)

My cruise is out of season so it looked to be a non issue with booking early.....but I think these would go quick over a prime time cruise.

you can get a balcony but not have to worry about the kids

save $$

extra space(privacy)

and double the bathrooms:D

win win situation to me........I'll find out soon enough.

Steph

They could have been connecting cabins.

I always get an extra "door key" made at the Purser's Desk.

So happy to see this thread - we are booked on the Valor in January. My husband & I were going with a suite this time (celebrating our 25th anniversary). Our sons will be coming with us (19 & 23) and since this would be their first cruise I wanted a balcony for them. When I made my reservations with Carnival I was told that I had to book one adult in each room and then we could switch room keys once aboard. The room for the boys is actually a "guarantee" balcony since they really are old enough to be in a room away from us. It's nice to hear that this is a common thing and so we will not run into a problem switching rooms.

We have an outside and inside cabin booked on Holiday. We were able to actually book the two adults as being in one cabin and three children ages 15, 15 & 7 in another cabin.

Hi, Steph:

Usually when we cruise it's just our youngest DD who sails with us and we get a triple, but twice we've taken her older sister. On the first of those two cruises, the girls were 16 and 7. I was not at all comfortable putting them in their own cabin and we were able to book connecting balcony cabins on the Spirit. That worked out great and I didn't worry about them since we kept the door between cabins open most of the time.

The second time our older DD came with us (that was a Princess cruise), they were 21 and 10. We booked balcony guarantees, with the girls in one room and DH and me in the other. Our cabins were on the same deck but they were on the other side of the ship. I was fine with that as our 21 year old is responsible. I did find it odd that they booked it that way since I looked at availability after we got our cabin assignments and there was a balcony cabin open right next to ours--wondered why they didn't put the girls there. Of course, they were thrilled to be a ways away from Mom and Dad!

You'll read opinions on this board that it's fine to put young children in a cabin by themselves because "they're just as close to us as they are at home." But, that doesn't work for me. They may be just as close at they are at home, but at home the entrance doors to the house are locked, I don't need a key to get into my kid's room if there's an emergency, and there aren't total strangers walking right by their bedroom doors!

JMHO

Jayne

We have an outside and inside cabin booked on Holiday. We were able to actually book the two adults as being in one cabin and three children ages 15, 15 & 7 in another cabin.

Effie, My husband and i will be going on the Holiday as well next month.We are taking my son 18,and nephew 19. Maybe well run into eith other! Have a great cruise.I know we will as well!!!!

Steph

We are putting our kids in their own cabin for the first time this year, they are 15 & 12. I would have been uncomfortable leaving them alone if they were too young, but we leave them alone at home on occasion when we go out, so I am comfortable with it now. I guess it would all depend on the kids and what the parents are comfortable with etc.. ;)

Well ... even though this wasnt my thread ... thanks for all the responses! I've always wondered about this (especially since I saw that family on the Holiday last year - and though their cabins may have been connected, I couldnt tell it - I think that's why they constantly had the front doors propped open).

As for me and my kids ... they are 14 and 9 ... it will still be at least two more years before I would feel comfortable doing that (I think - unless we had joining cabins). We are just now getting to where we allow them to stay home together for a little while.

Hi,

We were on the Miracle a few years ago, we booked right with Carnival We booked 1 bal gty cabin,and one gty inside for the two kids We got an extended balc and the kids got a balc cabin. We did have one of us booked with each child, 14 and 15. We were one floor above the kids. It wasn't hard getting more keys made.

We had rules as to when to be in the cabin, the kids phoned when both were back, etc. They knew to follow rules. We introduced ourselves to the cabin steward when we got on the ship and gave them instructions to get a hold of us if there were any problems.

It was nice with the two cabins because they were on oposite sides of the ship, we could go to either cabin to see anythingwhile at sea or in port.

We sail on the Liberty in a month and when I booked with Carnival they let us put the kids in a cabin accross the hall from us. We originally wanted a different deck but the only inside rooms available were 5 doors down and they said no, but they allowed us to change decks in order to get one balcony and one inside that were directly accross the hall from one another. I had read on this board that they make you put one adult in each and then switch later. I asked if they needed to put one adult on each reservation and they said no, it was OK because they do this all the time with connecting rooms. Our documents show the girls in one room and us in the other. The girls are ages 20 and 10. I know that the official rules state something different, but this is how they processed our reservation. If we hae to do the switcheroo later we will. We sail 4 weeks from today!:)

We sail on the Liberty in a month and when I booked with Carnival they let us put the kids in a cabin accross the hall from us. We originally wanted a different deck but the only inside rooms available were 5 doors down and they said no, but they allowed us to change decks in order to get one balcony and one inside that were directly accross the hall from one another. I had read on this board that they make you put one adult in each and then switch later. I asked if they needed to put one adult on each reservation and they said no, it was OK because they do this all the time with connecting rooms. Our documents show the girls in one room and us in the other. The girls are ages 20 and 10. I know that the official rules state something different, but this is how they processed our reservation. If we hae to do the switcheroo later we will. We sail 4 weeks from today!:)

An adult is required in each room only if you book guarantee, and some people get away with that.

Archived