Best Time for Dolphin Swim?

CrystalBlue

Hi -

I'm traveling with RCI - Mariner of the Seas in August and have booked the Royal Swim for my daughter and me. Does anyone know the real difference between the Royal Swim vs. Swim Adventure? Is it worth it?

Also. video & pictures - is it worth getting? And if so, do you know how much they cost?

Michelle

I saw the 3:30 pm discount as well, but I am afraid it is cutting it too close for my comfort. The discount for the 3:30 royal swim is very good since I am buying for 3 people, but if I miss the ship the discount isn't worth what I would have to pay trying to catch up with the ship.

I saw that the park closes at 5:30 pm so I assume all transactions have to be completed by then, but with my ship leaving at 6pm I don't think I want to take that chance. Too bad they didn't offer the discount for an earlier time.

I THINK you could make it, but it will be tight. My son was scheduled at noon. At 12:10 they went to orientation. I'd say they were IN the water at 12:30 and done by 1:10. They had a large group (maybe 10-12). They told us that it would take 15 minutes to get the dvd ready and show it, but it seems like they were gone almost an hour between viewing the dvd and choosing the photos.

The cabs wait RIGHT outside the gate so it's VERY easy to get back. I'd say it took 15 minutes in the cab to get back to the port.

It IS an awesome experience - I hope y'all get to do it!! Maybe when you get there you can let them know the situation. They might be able to move you up if there are cancellations.

Have a wonderful time!

Deanna

Hi -

I'm traveling with RCI - Mariner of the Seas in August and have booked the Royal Swim for my daughter and me. Does anyone know the real difference between the Royal Swim vs. Swim Adventure? Is it worth it?

Also. video & pictures - is it worth getting? And if so, do you know how much they cost?

Boston - born there, raised in Norwood.

Don't know what the Swim Adventure is, but the Royal Swim is definitely worth it. Also, I think only the Royal Swim includes park admission ($16pp otherwise). They have someone who will meet you in front of the ticket windows to give you a wrist band. The DVD is $50 (we bought one). They do a pretty fair job of taking and editing it. Your names will be in it. The photos come in different packages. For $50 we got 5 photos, also good quality. They are very careful that you get the correct photos, as there are many people who do the swim each day. You don't have to buy either the DVD or the photos, but they do a much better job than most people with their own cameras. While you're at Chankanaab, enjoy the chairs and lounges under the palapas and try the snorkeling, it's not as good as Grand Cayman, but not bad, either.

Have a good time!:)

Art

You said the ship in Cozumel was cleared by 7:15am. Did your itenary say 8am?

We are going in December and the itenary says 8am. The only time open for the dolphin swim was 10am. So I am really worried aboout making the 10am.

Thanks

Just a question... my paln to to do the dolphon royal swim when I go in two weeks so far all the times slots are available..but I will be travel with member of a party that are not planning to swim is there enough for them to do in the park for them to come along or should I skip the swim and go to paradise beach instead...

the group is a my five year old and my parents--my dad would snorkel and I would love my daughter to try

Archived