Holiday Inn Express - Plantation ??

Grandma B

I know I read something about this hotel sometime back, but can't seem to find it today.

I have a reservation for Jan 08 at the Sleep Inn in Dania for 2 nights, but just found out that I can get a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Plantation with our entertainment card at a better rate. They don't do airport shuttle, but we are going to have a rental car anyway so that won't matter.

But is the Holiday Inn Express a good one at Plantation? How about you Bequia, which do you think is better? And has anybody ever stayed there?

Thanks for any advice!

We originally booked at the Sleep Inn in Dania and due to reviews on this board and the fact that I can't get management to respond to me on whether these issues have been dealt with, we have changed all our reservations over to Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation.

When the friends that are travelling with us called Sleep Inn to cancel, desk staff put her on hold forever, were rude, finally told her to call a different number. Seems par for the course at this hotel.

Staff at Hampton are very pleasant on the phone. They offer all ammenites that Sleep Inn did - free shuttles, breakfast - and the rooms we got were $10 per room cheaper than Sleep Inn.

We stayed at Plantation Holiday Inn Express April 13-16, 2007. I had mixed feelings. Hotel was well maintained. Bed was hard, but the chair/ ottoman was must comfortable for sleeping. Breakfast was ample. Parking was good. Outdoor pool was a perfect temperature. We did have one problem. Somehow their office with the computers and the travel brochures was locked and no one had a key to open it. For 24 hours it was unavailable. This was a problem for us as we were doing business and needed access to a computer and printer. We were directed to cross a parking lot and use the computer at the hotel next door, but that hotel had crappy equipment. We paid $89.00.

This December 23rd we will stay for half price in a suite at the Sheraton Suites Plantation (Hotwire price $99.00).

Archived