BE Smoky Eye Tutorial Kit?

MamaTried

Has anyone purchased or tried this set? I was mesmerized watching QVC or HSN late one night when they had the BE person on. Just wondered about the messiness of it since it's a loose powder.

I normally wear Laura Mercier eyeshadows which I love but this kit looked like fun.

As a matter of fact I did buy this a few weeks ago off of the QVC website! It's the first eye products I've bought of Bare Minerals and I have to say I'm pleased with the product.

The double sided brush that comes with the set is very handy. The shadows are easy to use, don't irritate my eyes, and last all through my work day. The instructions are easy to understand and pretty basic. I've added a small angled brush with stiffer bristles and started using the darker of the two shadows in the kit as an eyeliner.

I wouldn't say my eyes are smoky and sexy (I'm 50+;) ) but the shadows do look very good! Also, I haven't found this to be very messy so I wouldn't worry about that. You use just a tiny bit so it's really pretty neat.

Cheryl

Has anyone purchased or tried this set? I was mesmerized watching QVC or HSN late one night when they had the BE person on. Just wondered about the messiness of it since it's a loose powder.

I normally wear Laura Mercier eyeshadows which I love but this kit looked like fun.

Can you post a link to this? It sounds interesting!

I just got this kit from Sephora last week. It's pretty good --- the dark shadow is quite nice and you can use it wet or dry. The lighter shadow is quite shimmery, which isn't my favourite for eyes over 40. The instructions are simple but effective.

The loose powder is not too messy. Just don't sneeze! :D

Dang BlueHerons, you are easy! I thought I was a make-up junkie but you may be worse! :D Ordered sight unseen! Let us know how you like it.

Water-baby, I know what you mean about the over-40 and shimmery eye. Unfortunately I was blessed with chicken lips but nice eyes so I just play up my eyes! ;)

Nordstrom's starts their big Annual Sale on Friday and there are some great gifts and limited editions in Cosmetics. Check it out:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/2384319/0~2377897~2384319?origin=bdlp

You can cut the shimmer of the shadows by buffing in the shadow a little more than normal. You can also put another color on top to cut the shimmer.

BE is great and I've been using it for over 5 years.

Archived