Tequila Selection on board ?

Any recent cruisers happen to notice whether RCI has fine Tequilas available at the bars on board ? My DW and I enjoy a nice tequila (Reposado or Anejo) after dinner, and I am hoping I will find RCI has savvy buyers in tune with fine potable trends.

Any recent cruisers happen to notice whether RCI has fine Tequilas available at the bars on board ? My DW and I enjoy a nice tequila (Reposado or Anejo) after dinner, and I am hoping I will find RCI has savvy buyers in tune with fine potable trends.

Definitely some great tequilas in Boleros

I have Patron onboard every cruise............

I think the OP said "fine tequila". Patron is to rot gut fuel oil.

The best RCCL has on board is Cabo Wabo and to me that is pitiful. If your ship goes to Mexico buy a bottle of Casa Noble crystal. Triple Distilled Agave. You will find it for about 50 dollars at the duty free shop, end of the Pier in Cozumel. You can check it out online for taste tests studies, it is one of the highest rated. It is as smooth as glass.

I think the OP said "fine tequila". Patron is to rot gut fuel oil.

The best RCCL has on board is Cabo Wabo and to me that is pitiful. If your ship goes to Mexico buy a bottle of Casa Noble crystal. Triple Distilled Agave. You will find it for about 50 dollars at the duty free shop, end of the Pier in Cozumel. You can check it out online for taste tests studies, it is one of the highest rated. It is as smooth as glass.

rolloman you need to try the corralejo for on-board tequila sipping. we have also been successful bringing tequila on board from carib. ports of call (as recently as April)

I would be happier if they have Centenario Anejo, but Patron is OK. A little pricey considering a $20.00 bottle of Pueblo Viejo tastes every bit as good. Just a little tip on a "value priced" tequila with a top notch taste.

If the best they have is Cabo, I will have a few and probably decide I can live with it. I have been in worse situations.... a "great " restaurant here in CLT had only Cuervo 1800... HORRORS.... SHOCKING !

If you like a certain tequila fine, that is your choice, but to degrade what someone else likes is juvenile. The best of anything is what YOU enjoy.:rolleyes:

Hear, hear! Nicely said. I agree. It's like with wine. I know I'm a bit of a wine snob; my mother is happy with a sweet, simple, inexpensive white or rose. I certainly do not think she is wrong for liking what she likes. I think it's wrong to deride what others enjoy.

I'm certain that when I say my favorite these days is Aha Toro Reposado or Anejo that someone else will quiver in horror over my choices. My sister and DH brought some back from a Mexican cruise a couple of years ago, and I just loved it. Since DH and I don't take Mexican cruises (just not our thing), I must rely on "the kindness" of my mother, who brought some back for me. I sure as heck can't afford it here at the going rate.

I'm intrigued by the Casa Noble and will check it out.

beachchick

THanks all for the info. I will be obtaining some Casa when my DW and me hit Cozumel. I thought I had heard of and tasted most of the finer Tequilas... ahh, so much to look forward to. I agree with you, BeachChick, beauty is indeed in the eye,or palate, of the beholder. As much as I enjoy fine Tequila, I have yet to develop a taste for Scotch. IMHO, a Franciscan Cabernet is truly enjoyable, yet I eagerly await the opening of Trader Joes in CLT to see what all the fuss is about "2 Buck Chuck." Go figure....

Archived