Anyone fly out from LAX to Hawaii?

alikim

I looked at my air schedule on edocs and I'm little confused.

It said, flight out from LAX 8:15 am and arrival at Honolulu 10:57 am.

Is 10:57 am, Honolulu time?

If so, why is there so much time difference coming back home? It said, flight out from Honolulu 10:15 pm and arrival at LAX 6:33 am.

Is 6:33 am, CA time?

And also, anyone parked their car in LAX? If so, what is the cheapest way to park the car?

Thank you.

I think there is a 3 hour difference from the Pacific Time zone to the Hawaiian Time zone during the summer. During the winter it is a 4 hour difference. Hawaii does not participate in Daylight Saving Time. All year is Hawaiian Standard Time.

banana.gif

Airlines Departure and Arrival time are local times in the city of Departure/Arrival. Since Hawaii does not have Daylight Savings time, there is a 3 hour time difference during CA's daylight savings time, and a 2 (not 4) hour difference during CA regular winter time. In simpler terms, when it is 12 Noon in CA during the summer, it is 9 AM in Hawaii. When it is Noon in CA during the winter, it is 10 AM in Hawaii. Hawaii is either 3 (in summer) or 2 (in winter) hours earlier than CA time.

Sorry I can't help with parking at LAX. We never fly out of there.

Hope this helps and have a great vacation.

I'm must be densed because it's still a mystery for me. I kind of understand leaving LA at 8:30 am and arriving Honolulu at 10:57 am BUT coming back tim is throwing me off. How can I be leaving Honolulu at 10:15 pm and arrive at LAX at 6:33 am? LOL!

I guess I just have to remember leave LAX at LA time (8:30 am) and leave Honolulu at Hawaii time (10:15 pm). LOL!

Now I have to figure out what we are going to do until 10:15 pm on Honolulu on our last day. :D

It looks wacky doesn't it? My parents are flying out of JFK (New York) at 7 a.m. and they are arriving in Honolulu at some time like 1:30 p.m. on the same day!!!

Cheers!

You will be leaving Honolulu @ 10:15pm Hawaii time. You will be arriving in LAX at 6:33 am LAX time + 1 day.

So if you leave Hawaii on Saturday you are arriving at LAX on Sunday.

If you are still having a problem with this, please come back for help here. I went through the same thing years ago. It about drove me nuts figuring out timing. I always wanted to know just how much time I was going to be in that airplane 'cause I'm not crazy about flying!

Are you flying summer or winter? I didn't notice a date mentioned. If you can post this information, I think I can simplify this timing issue for you.

Our granddaughter just left to study in Australia for four months, so now I'm always trying to figure out what time it is there when I think about contacting her!! I don't want to call when it is the middle of the night over there!

We are leaving on 8/26/07.

If you are still having a problem with this, please come back for help here. I went through the same thing years ago. It about drove me nuts figuring out timing. I always wanted to know just how much time I was going to be in that airplane 'cause I'm not crazy about flying!

Are you flying summer or winter? I didn't notice a date mentioned. If you can post this information, I think I can simplify this timing issue for you.

Our granddaughter just left to study in Australia for four months, so now I'm always trying to figure out what time it is there when I think about contacting her!! I don't want to call when it is the middle of the night over there!

O.K. So maybe this will help: In summer there is a 3-hour time difference between California and Hawaii. It is 3 hours later in California.

When you leave LAX at 8:15 AM, it is only 5:15 AM in Hawaii. When you arrive in Hawaii at 10:57 AM, it is 1:57 PM at LAX.

Your flight time is approximately 5 hours and 45 minutes.

When you leave Hawaii at 10:15 PM, it is already 1:15 AM the following morning at LAX. When you arrive at LAX at 6:33 AM, it is only 3:33 AM in Hawaii.

Your flight time is approximately 5 hours and 15 minutes.

It usually takes a little longer going TO Hawaii than it does coming back.

Hope this helps. If not, come back!

Thank you so much. Now that you explained it that way, I understand. :D

O.K. So maybe this will help: In summer there is a 3-hour time difference between California and Hawaii. It is 3 hours later in California.

When you leave LAX at 8:15 AM, it is only 5:15 AM in Hawaii. When you arrive in Hawaii at 10:57 AM, it is 1:57 PM at LAX.

Your flight time is approximately 5 hours and 45 minutes.

When you leave Hawaii at 10:15 PM, it is already 1:15 AM the following morning at LAX. When you arrive at LAX at 6:33 AM, it is only 3:33 AM in Hawaii.

Your flight time is approximately 5 hours and 15 minutes.

It usually takes a little longer going TO Hawaii than it does coming back.

Hope this helps. If not, come back!

Hi you also asked about parking at LAX. We drove from inland area (Murrieta) at 8 am to LAX for our noon flight and (love that 91 freeway!) got stuck in some of the worst traffic we'd ever seen . . .scared us to death thinking we'd be too late to the parking lot and airport. Made it after all. We used Johnny Park (see their webpage) a private parking lot right by the airport and it worked out well. On the way home, we were waiting for the Johnny Park shuttle and we saw that Wally Park had way more shuttles.

Not sure if you noted which airline you are taking but we had United and it was about a 5.5 hour trip. For us, they offered a small roast beef sandwich and sun chips or a chicken ceasar salad for $5. I saw sushi on the cart too. Just be sure to bring something sweet (candy) to share with your companions. . .and a good paperback. They played a decent movie on both flights also and that helped.

Thank you soooooooooo much!

I kndw about Parking B and C run by LAX but didn't know there were other parking available for cheaper rate.

If you don't mind, I have some more question....

Did you reserve on-line? I noticed there's $5 charge...is that only if you reserve on line? What if we just go there? Did you choose open parking lot or structure pakring?

How often does the shuttle run?

Our fight out is 8:15 am. What time do you suggest we get to the parking lot?

As for the airplane, to Hawaii, we are flying with Delta and on the way back, 10:15 pm, we are flying with United.

Thank you again for helping out.

Hi you also asked about parking at LAX. We drove from inland area (Murrieta) at 8 am to LAX for our noon flight and (love that 91 freeway!) got stuck in some of the worst traffic we'd ever seen . . .scared us to death thinking we'd be too late to the parking lot and airport. Made it after all. We used Johnny Park (see their webpage) a private parking lot right by the airport and it worked out well. On the way home, we were waiting for the Johnny Park shuttle and we saw that Wally Park had way more shuttles.

Not sure if you noted which airline you are taking but we had United and it was about a 5.5 hour trip. For us, they offered a small roast beef sandwich and sun chips or a chicken ceasar salad for $5. I saw sushi on the cart too. Just be sure to bring something sweet (candy) to share with your companions. . .and a good paperback. They played a decent movie on both flights also and that helped.

Hi we paid 8.95 per day and we used the open air option. It's not cheap, that's for sure. I think the LAX parking lot is around the same price but we weren't sure if we could count on finding a spot. The shuttles ran every ten or so minutes.

If your flight leaves at 8:15 am, I think it would be best to try to get to the parking lot by 6. That way you will hopefully get to the airport and checked in by 6:30ish. We were zombies coming back late at night, had to stop to get my husband a large soda to keep him alert for the drive home. In retrospect, if I had someone I could have paid to drive us to the airport and drive us home (a personal friend) I would have done that.

It looks wacky doesn't it? My parents are flying out of JFK (New York) at 7 a.m. and they are arriving in Honolulu at some time like 1:30 p.m. on the same day!!!

Cheers!

what airlines have direct flights to Hawaii from JFK? how many hours flight time is it?

Times zones do crazy things. Last year my husband and I left New Zealand on Sunday afternoon to catch a cruise leaving Tahiti on Saturday night ...it seemed a little scary.:D

(ok, that was also involved the international date line)

Where in Australia is your grand daughter studying? My daughter studied at Curin University in Perth, Australia last year and absolutely loved it!!! The time differences were crazy; but when they didn't change for daylight savings we were 12 hrs apart; that made it easier. We always called her our Sunday morning and it was her Sunday night; it worked out well.

Since there's 5 of us, I couldn't ask my sister to drive us. I would have to give my sister my minivan (I don't think she ever drove minivan) so we were looking into other options.

Do you think LAX parking will run out of space? I will definately look into the way you did. When I went to the website, there were other parking lots too....too many choices...what to choose?

Hi we paid 8.95 per day and we used the open air option. It's not cheap, that's for sure. I think the LAX parking lot is around the same price but we weren't sure if we could count on finding a spot. The shuttles ran every ten or so minutes.

If your flight leaves at 8:15 am, I think it would be best to try to get to the parking lot by 6. That way you will hopefully get to the airport and checked in by 6:30ish. We were zombies coming back late at night, had to stop to get my husband a large soda to keep him alert for the drive home. In retrospect, if I had someone I could have paid to drive us to the airport and drive us home (a personal friend) I would have done that.

Have you thought of getting a shared shuttle. There are 5 of you and it may make it far more convienent than paying for parking at LAX?

There are a number of them just check it out in the yellow pages under Air Shuttle.

Enjoy,

Winnie

Archived