Grand Princess C708 VS D733

leavitt1

Hello all,

I am booked on the Grand Princess for my first cruise in room C708, which I've been told is a great room because of the larger balcony/slightly larger room than the other balcony staterooms. I was just on the Princess site, and I noticed that I could get a Dolphin minisuite room D733 for the same or slightly less money. Is it worth it to give up the Caribe balcony to get the minisuite? I'm so confused! :confused: :eek:

Thanks,

Michelle

Some will tell you go for the mini, some will say keep the balcony. You really just have to pick for yourself, so here are the main differences:

C708

9 x 9 balcony, about half covered, half open

room size is ~170 sq ft, plus balcony. No sofa. Shower in bath, no tub.

D733

7 x 9 balcony, all open

room size is ~260 sq ft. Has sofa, two televisions and full bathtub.

The choice is yours!

(And because you asked, I would go for the mini, mostly because it is the same or lower priced and more space)

Thanks for the info and advice. Unfortunately, further research (not from Princess, but through google) uncovered that D733 is a handicapped suite on the Grand and the beds don't convert to a queen (even though the Princess site says they do!) :mad: . Thank goodness for CruiseCritic teaching me to check EVERYTHING before believing it.

Michelle

Michelle,

Is that the only cat. AC left? You are correct that it has two twins that do not convert. And I was wrong in saying that it had a tub; most minis do but not that one--and I failed to double check the deck plans before replying.:o

Its not a true H/C room, in that a chair won't fit through the door, but it does have the H/C access shower.

Unfortunately that was the only one left. The next catagory up would be almost $200 more pp, which I am not willing to do. I'll keep at eye on it and see what/if anything changes. Now if only I could figure out once and for all whether I should drop my late traditional seating for the anytime!

Thanks for your help! :)

Michelle

Archived