Seattle Hotel Recommendations?

We're arriving in Seattle late the evening before our Alaskan Cruise on the Star so we won't have time to see Seattle. A hotel near the airport would be great. We're looking for a hotel that has shuttle service from the Airport and easy arrangements for transportation to the pier the next morning. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. mmarsh

We're arriving in Seattle late the evening before our Alaskan Cruise on the Star so we won't have time to see Seattle. A hotel near the airport would be great. We're looking for a hotel that has shuttle service from the Airport and easy arrangements for transportation to the pier the next morning. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. mmarsh

Here's a small section from my Star/Alaskan review for hotels in Seattle. It's not near the airport but it was a great location and good value. Plus, they offered shuttle service to the pier.

SEATTLE PRE-STAY: We booked the Hilton Homewood Suites which turned out to be an excellent choice. It is a lovely hotel, very clean and we enjoyed our suite with kitchen, bedroom and living room. We paid $139.00 for all six of us which included breakfast! The hotel was on a bus line and for a small fee we took it to the “free bus zone” area of Seattle. Otherwise, we could have easily walked to the free zone but my mom has a bad hip. We saw Pike’s Market, toured the Underground, the Space Needle, took the monorail, went to a baseball game, went antiquing and enjoyed an excellent meal at Buckley’s which was a block away from the hotel.

Here is a link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=221079

I'd check out the reviews on Tripadvisor as well as ask your question on this board. I can recommend the Holiday Inn Express, which was about a mile or so from the airport. We stayed there precruise for our sailing on the Pearl and it worked fine. Best of all, if you have an Entertainment card and they're still honoring the discount, it was only about $60 for a one bedroom king suite, which included a very nice breakfast bar the next morning.

I know they have an airport shuttle, but we had a rental car so we didn't need transportation to the pier the next morning. I think there are several "pay" shuttle services that provide that service however. Just contact the front desk of the hotel you're staying at and see if they can give you that information.

Thanks for your replies. As I mentioned, we are arriving late the night before so a hotel near the airport is perfect as we'll have no time to explore Seattle. After a six hour flight we'll just be looking to sleep. mmarsh

The Doubletree is nice. Nearly all the hotels near the airport have a free shuttle to the airport and will call a cab for you to get to downtown. Stick with a name-brand hotel, though, because the non-name-brand ones cater to a less than ideal clientel, if you catch my drift.

Archived