How much are pictures onboard?

I will be cruising on the Serenade in November and was hoping to plan out a budget for pictures. Can anyone tell me how much the pictures cost (eg. 8x10 and 5x7)? Also, I was on the Carnival Triumph earlier this year and their policy was that, if you wanted say a 5x7 you had to first buy the 8x10 and then have the 5x7 made in addition to that. Does RCCL do the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing...I read somewhere that some cruise line offers that if you pay one high price (say $200) you could have all the pictures that were taken of you. Anyone heard of this? And do they do it on RCCL?

I know that the 8 x 10's are 19.95 and I think the 5x 7's were like 9.95. On one of our cruises we wanted to get one of our formals in 5 x 7's and we were told that whatever size is up there is the only size you can get of that photo.

As far as a package, never heard of that.

That seems strange, on Carnival you bought the 8x10 and then asked to have whatever sizes made that you wanted, I assumed RCCL was the same. Did they at least have some other options out for you to choose from besides the 8x10? Not everyone wants an 8x10 of all their pictures!

daneicy80, one thing I learned is that if you wait until the last two days of the cruise, they will offer some kind of package deal. By then, you have all your pictures and you can pick and choose and create your own package. I only wish we knew this earlier... would have saved a lot of $$.

i know the pictures claim to be a certain size,,,, BUT,,, some of the small ones i have puchased are ODD sizes..... 8X6.....ect... AND they are hard to frame without cutting...... anyone else have this problem.....:confused:

these are usually the port pics,,, NOT,,, the formals,,, ie.. the smaller ones.

I waited until the last night and there we running a special 4 8x10 for 80.00 ( that the the regular price), but i got a free portfolio with an 8 x10 of the ship and the other side was empty to put another 8x10 of my choice in.

Last week on the Legend we paid 19.95 for 8x10 and 14.95 or 9.95 for 5x7. (I still have no clue why the first were 9.95 and then suddenly became 14.95!) The formal pictures and many other informals were made as 8x10's. I asked about smaller sizes (ie of my little one as 'a pirate' in the kids club, older daughter's 'rock wall' pic) and was told they could do it but the cost would be the same as the 8x10. Didn't run into any package deals and had saved up pics for the last night. Tried to keep all of our pics on one area and several of them 'disappeared'. There's one of my two girls I REALLY wanted and didn't get because it disappeared by the last night. The guy working couldn't offer me any assistance as to ways to retrieve it either. So, if you really want a certain pic. just buy it right away.

We go and look at the pictures every day and just keep all of ours together. We put them behind one another so they don't take up as much room but then they are easier to find when we come back later in the cruise. So far we've been lucky and none of them have disappeared. Another thing we did was DH took a picture of the picture with our digital camera. They actually turned out pretty good. We still ended up buying our formal pictures which were 8 x 10's. But for some of the pictures you might like but not love, it doesn't hurt to try the digital picture thing.

On my last cruise we had some pictures disappear and some that were taken but never showed up. In both cases they were able to reprint them by us giving them date, times and the photographer.

One other thing they are starting is on the formal pictures, some of the photographers are using a digital system where they swipe your card when taking the pictures. With this system, they should be able to find your pictures after the fact.

I will be cruising on the Serenade in November and was hoping to plan out a budget for pictures. Can anyone tell me how much the pictures cost (eg. 8x10 and 5x7)? QUOTE]

Hi Daneicy80,

Whatever you decide to budget...

add another $400 for all the things you'll buy that you didn't budget for!

:D

debbie

Here is something we did that is somewhat related. On formal nights we had multiple pictures taken. Meaning they have multiple locations set up for formal pictures. We did two each night with different background sets. This gave us a better chance for "keepers" to take home. The price they charge I feel is excesive, so we wanted to give ourselves the best shot at good ones.....This said, the high price of pictures is related to how many they throw in the garbage each cruise. Think about how many shots they take of you during a cruise. How many do you really take home and how many do you take off the displays and tell them to chuck them?

While I don't find most cruise pictures to be of excellent quality, both in composition and materials, $20 bucks is not an unreasonable amount to pay for a portrait. It's only when your wife wants every single one that it gets annoying. My Alaskan Cruise on Celebrity we probably spent 300 on pictures :(

Michael

Archived