Bacardi Rum Tour

lestoby

Has anyone been on the Bacardi Rum Tour? If yes,

How do you get there?

How much does it cost?

I read a review of this tour and saw that you get a couple of tastings and a tour of the factory, but I do not know if this reviewer was a cruise ship vacationer. This reviewer also pointed out that the 11am tour is often canceled because you need at least 10 people for them to conduct a tour, but the 2pm tour usually has enough people.

Are there any other rum factory tours?

Thanks for your help

We took the shore excursion tour back in November 2003 and liked it pretty well. They did not allow photos inside the actual factory and there was more selling than tasting, but it was still better than souvenir shopping in general.

I did manage to get one of my favorite cruise photos there:

medium.jpg

We enjoyed it. Your mileage may vary.

Dave

i asked bout this on this board before. from what i've been told you should call first to see if the tour is on. how you call, i guss i would have to get bahamian money and use a pay phone?

any suggestions? my cell doesnt work down there

Hey thanks for the idea about calling Bacardi!

I did a search for Bacardi on the "Official Bahamas Guide" website and came up with the following info:

Bacardi & Company Ltd.

Bacardi Road

Nassau, The Bahamas

Phone: (242) 362-3100

The Bacardi Company offers complimentary tours of the Bacardi Plant and drink sampling during their tours. Bacardi Rum is solely manufactured in The Bahamas.

Tours are conducted Mondays - Thursdays 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Fridays 11.00 a.m. (weather permitting). The offices and plant are closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays

At least now we have a phone number!

Maybe we can get our cruise line to give them a jingle for us (LOL).:)

• 4 months later...

How do you get to the Bacardi tour?

How far from the port is it located?

Our time is limited and I don't want to spend a lot of time traveling to another side of the island.

thanks for any help you can provide :)

• 1 year later...

It is my understanding that the distillery is closing in April 2009.

I am going to Nassau in January, and was wondering how to get to the distillery to do this tour, and/or how to get to Commonwealth Brewery. I understand that if you call ahead, you may be able to get a tour there as well.

It is my understanding that the distillery is closing in April 2009.

I am going to Nassau in January, and was wondering how to get to the distillery to do this tour, and/or how to get to Commonwealth Brewery. I understand that if you call ahead, you may be able to get a tour there as well.

The Bacardi Factory has discontinued it's tours.

Below is a copy/paste of the post I did of our private tour with Celebrity Transfers. Farley is a local and knowledgeable native of Nassau and he was able to get us into the factory even though it was closed. We did not do the tour, but had a great time sampling all of the bacardi rums they had available in their visiting area. It was self-serve for as much as we wanted to drink. Nobody was tending the bar, but there were at least 30 items available for sampling.

CELEBRITY TRANSFERS AND CONCIERGE SERVICE

PROS: Excellent internet communications, trustworthy pre-payment of the tour. Rated “Tour” operator by the Bahamas ministry (not just a taxicab company). Price was $30 pp for a group of six. Two and ½ hour tour was in reality for us a five-hour tour with no extra charge. Farley Williams (owner and tour operator) was a wealth of knowledge regarding history, government, economic and religious information of Nassau. We received the “local flavor: of Nassau tour (not just the touristy version). The van was reliable, clean, and provided easy in and out access for six people. Farley will take you to see any landmark or area that you request. He was also able to get us into the Bacardi Rum Factory during a time that they were not allowing visitors. Offered an excellent choice for the local’s favorite restaurant. We even enjoyed lunch with Farle.y.

CONS: None!

SUGGESTIONS: Bring a map of Nassau with you on the tour (print one off Frommers). This will help you follow the tour and Farley’s description of each area. Ask Farley the exact location of where he will meet you at the port. He will be holding a sign with your name, but the port area is very large and confusing

Below is a copy/paste of the post I did of our private tour with Celebrity Transfers. Farley is a local and knowledgeable native of Nassau and he was able to get us into the factory even though it was closed. We did not do the tour, but had a great time sampling all of the bacardi rums they had available in their visiting area. It was self-serve for as much as we wanted to drink. Nobody was tending the bar, but there were at least 30 items available for sampling.

PROS: Excellent internet communications, trustworthy pre-payment of the tour. Rated “Tour” operator by the Bahamas ministry (not just a taxicab company). Price was $30 pp for a group of six. Two and ½ hour tour was in reality for us a five-hour tour with no extra charge. Farley Williams (owner and tour operator) was a wealth of knowledge regarding history, government, economic and religious information of Nassau. We received the “local flavor: of Nassau tour (not just the touristy version). The van was reliable, clean, and provided easy in and out access for six people. Farley will take you to see any landmark or area that you request. He was also able to get us into the Bacardi Rum Factory during a time that they were not allowing visitors. Offered an excellent choice for the local’s favorite restaurant. We even enjoyed lunch with Farle.y.

SUGGESTIONS: Bring a map of Nassau with you on the tour (print one off Frommers). This will help you follow the tour and Farley’s description of each area. Ask Farley the exact location of where he will meet you at the port. He will be holding a sign with your name, but the port area is very large and confusing

Hi! How would one get in touch with Farley?

There's a new Bacardi Store (first ever in nassau) on Bay Street.. you can taste all their rums at the store..

We went on a bacardi tour last year and loved it. We waited a bit to get off the ship and found that it was much better for bartering prices with drivers. We hired a nice guy with an airconditioned van for the day and he took us to the Bacardi factory, the outlet mall and old town. I think we paid $150-$200 and there were four of us. He spent about 6 hours with us, I think we may still have his card somewhere?!?!

Bacardi doesn't charge people to go, you just have to get there. IF I remember correctly it's about a 15-20 min. drive.

The outlet mall was GREAT, better deals than the outlet malls in Florida. Unfortunately we didn't leave ourselves enough time to see the fort and old town....have to go again I guess!!

Have fun.............

Archived