Advice for Tortola

Wendy Mommy

Hi!
We will be in Tortola for the day in December (Norwegian Spirit). Last time we were there (Norwegian Dawn), we spent the day on the Patouche catamaran. We explored the Baths and other scenic areas. We had a wonderful time but want to do something different.

We would appreciate your feedback on what we should do in December. My husband snorkels but that is not a priority. We like a nice beaches with good food and perhaps water sports, too.

Cane Garden Bay?
Brewer's Bay?
Another catamaran tour?
Resort?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Wendy Mommy'] Last time we were there (Norwegian Dawn), we spent the day on the Patouche catamaran. We explored the Baths and other scenic areas. We had a wonderful time but want to do something different.

[/QUOTE]
[color=darkorchid]We have booked Patouche for our upcoming cruise this November! :) Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with them![/color]

we enjoyed a great tour of the island when we were there in January with a fella by the name of elroy fahie. He has a hyundai santa fe which held the 4 of us very comfortably. Did a half day tour and when done he told us to give him what we felt it was worth. Gave him $75. Contacts are [email]elroy@surfbvi.com[/email] or [email]cc.eptours@hotmail.com[/email] phone is (284) 495-2598. He was waiting for us at the pier with a sign with our names on it. No problem mon.. *S*

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We visited Tortola for the first time in February...and found a fanstastic beach. It's on the ther side of the island from the dock. I'm sorry, I don't recall the name, but I'm sure someone who checks this post will know what i'm talking about. The water was as calm and clear as Megan's Bay in St. Thomas, but there was a fascinating difference. WILDLIFE! Brown pelicans and silver fish--about 6-inches long. Once you hit about six feet, you couldn't see the sand for the fish...millions of them. And of course, that drew scores of pelicans. It was fascinating to float out and watch te pelicans divebomb the fish, all about 4- or 6-feet away. When we were there,the beach was about 1/4 as crowded as we usually find Megan's Bay. They rent chairs. There are several beach-front bars/restaurants. Best Pina Colada of the trip...bought it from a girl who set up a card table in the sand. She dusted the drink with nutmeg. Fantastic. Also, there was a one-legged rooster hopping around crowing. It was a great experience. Several people using snorkel gear...

Hi, just wondering what the Patouche catamaran is? I wasn't sure if it's a tour company or ....

I'm looking for a tour to do when we're there in Feb.
Our group consists of lots of kids all ages, and some adults who LOVE to snorkel and a couple who don't but love to lay out on beach. The baths sound great.

Is the baths good for everyone? Is there a beach where everyone snorkels or is it in two different places?

I'm not sure if our boat is there until 1pm or 4pm. Is this a reliable excursion to do without ship?

thanxs.

Thanks for replying. If I remember correctly, Patouche was the name of the catamaran we chartered for the day (about 25 of us). We went to a few different places where most of the guests snorkeled. I stayed on the boat at the Baths. I wouldn't recommend this for children. At times the water was a little rough, especially when it rained.

We were considering going to Cane Garden Bay but then I read some negative posts and am now looking for another beach.

I hope Grenada will be able to rebuild before December. That was one island I was really looking forward to exploring.

Archived