Cape Liberty to JFK

Fisherwoman

Does Celebrity offer bus transportation to JFK? If not what is our best option. We're not in a rush, flight is at 4:30 PM.

Fisherwoman

Celebrity does not offer transportation to JFK. Your best option would be to fly out of Newark which is an easy 15 minute ride from Cape Liberty. To get to JFK you would have to hire private transportation or take a taxi which are both expensive choices. Also the drive will probably take an hour or more depending on the time of day.

Does Celebrity offer bus transportation to JFK? If not what is our best option. We're not in a rush, flight is at 4:30 PM.

Fisherwoman

Which cruise are you on? We are on the Celebrity Constellation 9/15/07 from Dover to Bayonne arriving on 9/27/07. We have contacted Super Shuttle and have found that they charge $115 for 1 to 11 passengers. We are currently looking for fellow passengers for this ride and so far one other couple has contacted us. Even with four passengers, this beats any price we have found with a limo company. Hopefully, you are also on this cruise. That would be great!

Barbara (rosebar) email address: fneu@sbcglobal.net

Supershuttle told us they won't go from the ship (Cape Liberty) to JFK... but that was just about a year ago, so maybe they have changed their policy or it depended on who you talk to LOL. I know the econolivery place didn't charge us a lot, but we were 6 people in a van so it did cut down the cost a bit.

Stefani

Supershuttle told us they won't go from the ship (Cape Liberty) to JFK... but that was just about a year ago, so maybe they have changed their policy or it depended on who you talk to LOL. I know the econolivery place didn't charge us a lot, but we were 6 people in a van so it did cut down the cost a bit.

Stefani

Hi Stefani, After your statement here, I thought I should call Super Shuttle again. I could not request a quote online as it did not recognize Cape Liberty. When I finally reached their New York division, I was told they would pick up there & deliver to JFK but it would cost $150 for up to 11 people, not $115. I might not have heard them correctly before. Therefore, I called your service, Econolivery, and they quoted $90 + tolls & tip. They said that they could accomodate 6 people comfortably in their van, 8 would be very tight with luggage. So, I have decided that if I only find two other couples, it makes sense to use Econolivery. If we get 8 or 10 people, Super Shuttle would work best. Thanks so much for the info. Barbara

We are on the Constellation Oct 23/07 sailing. Is there anyone who needs a cab/limo to JFK?

Fisherwoman

It would probably be best for you to post on the "Roll Call" for your particular cruise. I think you will find many messages from other passengers who are taking that specific cruise. Hope you find someone!!

Barbara

We were only 6 people and the van worked perfectly. The driver was nice. Make sure you keep your reservation information handy and phone before hand to confirm your reservation. They had a computer glitch when we did it and lost our reservation, but because I phoned and had copies of everything... all was ok. We were very happy with thier service and I recommend them to my clients when they are traveling.

Stefani

We were only 6 people and the van worked perfectly. The driver was nice. Make sure you keep your reservation information handy and phone before hand to confirm your reservation. They had a computer glitch when we did it and lost our reservation, but because I phoned and had copies of everything... all was ok. We were very happy with thier service and I recommend them to my clients when they are traveling.Stefani

I found this post from you so am asking another question re Econolivery.

What kind of vehicle did you have? We will be either 6 or 8 large adults. Would the van hold 8 with luggage? Also did you use them to go from jfk to Bayonne, if so were they prompt in picking you up. I have gotten a quote from them for pickup at my home, which is a little further than Jfk but would like to be assured that they are reliable and will pick us up in time to go on cruise. Also did you have to pay in advance when you made reservation? Thanks for any info and reassurance you can give me.

We were in a van that fit 6 people plus luggage for sure. But I think it would have held eight people but not 8 large adults (i don't think). It's a full size van (not a mini-van) so it did hold a lot. Yes they were prompt on picking us up at the airport. We had to give them our credit card number to secure the reservation but they did not charge anything on it because we paid cash when they picked us up. I would make the reservation and phone a few days before hand and just double check everything is still all ok. We were quite happy with how prompt they were and friendly.

Stefani

Archived