Carnival Tour Prices

Fondy

As all Carnival cruisers know, tour prices are not available via the web-site. I simply sent an e-mail to guestinfo@carnival.com requesting tour descriptions/prices. After about a week, I received an email listing all information (including prices). Now I know that I don't have to pre-book the White Pass Railroad in Skagway because it's virtually the same as booking direct! I've already booked whale watching and a floatplane trip direct and feel comfortable that I can just "go with the flow" in Ketchikan and Skagway.

Still have 76 days to wait and I'm already starting to get antsy! We're first-time cruisers, so if anyone has sailed recently on Carnival Spirit post a note on how it was.

Happy Cruising to All!

We sailed on the Carnival Spirit last Aug to Alaska. We have also been on other Carnival Ships. We liked Spirit best. The decor is not as glitzy as the other Carnival Ships. Lots of art and sculpture throughout the ship. Since there are no 'party' type ships on Alaska cruises, Carnival fell in line on the Alaska cruise. This is a slightly older crowd on the Alaska cruise as compared to the Carribean cruises.

There is a naturalist aboard the entire cruise. She was always on the lookout for wildlife, gave information on landmarks such as the lighthouse in the Lynn Canal, etc.

We ate at the Naveau(sp?) dinner club one night. There is a surcharge of $20 pp. Worth every penny extra. Food and service were outstanding. There is a dance floor in this dining area, if you're interested. Must make reservations ASAP after boarding. It was pretty much booked when we went.

Larry

Larry

Fantasy 08/99

Ecstacy 05/00

Westerdam 04/01

Legend of the Seas 08/02

Zaandam 04/03

Carnival Spirit 08/03

Well, I've never cruised Alaska because I live here, that would be sort of werid! haha

As far as Carnival Cruises are concerned I've only been on one other cruise and it was a carnival, I'll be going on my second Carnival Cruise this summer (I'm so exited) cruising is the best! They make ordinary people feel like royalty! You'll love it!

You'll love Alaska too! icon_smile.gif So beautiful, even for me and I see it everyday!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

I cruised Carnival Spirit twice to Alaska, '02 and '03, and you will have a wonderful time. You can read my review of my '02 trip at cruisemates.com, look for reviews, Carnival Spirit, under Denise LePage.

Happy Sailing!

I don't recommending just "winging it" in ports. There are just too many wonderful activities- in all price ranges to consider. Have plans and reservations in place before you leave- don't waste a minute of your short port times. icon_smile.gif I too have sailed carnival to Alaska- 3 times- vastly different passengers compared to the Caribbean. The naturalist- Michelle/Jeff (may not be the current ones- Jeff also works for Lindblad) are an excellent enhancement to this line.

Archived