Crown Balcony Upgrade offer - questions.

kcl

We booked with the guarantee low category balcony offer from Princess months ago thru our agent for the 2/2/08 Crown cruise. Yesterday she sent an email with the Princess offer of a BA category (highest, I guess) Lido deck cabin. Looks good except that the location is under the weight room part of the gym (open 7 AM - 10 PM). My husband says "no way", but I don't know if we will get another chance, say, after final payments are in and some cabins open up.

Any suggestions from the experienced Princess cruisers out there? Thanks in advance.

Since you booked a gurantee status, you really have no choice in which category they put you in. It is not actually an OFFER made by Princess, it is a cabin assignement. You should be able to contact your TA though and see if there are any other cabins in that catgory that you would like more. Your TA should be able to switch your BA category to a different location BA for you. But again, you can't say, NO, I want a better upgrade if that is what your DH is asking?

Don't know anything about the politics of this question, but have a cautionary tale. We got an upgrade on arrival to a cruise last year which moved us to the stern underneath one of the food courts. It wasn't the time fellow cruisers went to eat that was the problem, it was the time the crew dragged all the tables back into place (around 5am) that caused us a problem.

Isn't this the chance you take when you book a guarantee? This is what happened to us...we got upgraded to BB on Coral. From looking at things and what I have been told we are right below the Lotus pool area. I have no idea if this is good or not. My thinking is..hey it is an upgrade, fairly midship and high up...and I am on the cruise. Maybe I can go up and chair hog the chairs above our cabin the entire time ;) , and noone will move them around then! Can I chair hog for 7 nights? LOL

Archived