Turtle Beach or the beach at the Marriott?

WMG/LMG

which would you recommend?

That's an easy one! Without a doubt - Turtle Beach! The most breathtaking views. The drive down the highway will also give you lots of photo opportunities.

Another option is Cockleshell/Banana Bay.

The beach at the Marriott is nice, but it's located on the Atlantic side and can be rough at times.

Definitely, Turtle Beach. There is a nice little bar restaurant there and when the little monkeys come down out of the trees it makes for another photo op. Beautiful views of Nevis from the beach.

Definitely, Turtle Beach. There is a nice little bar restaurant there and when the little monkeys come down out of the trees it makes for another photo op. Beautiful views of Nevis from the beach.

You are referring to Turtle Beach Bar & Grill. http://www.turtlebeach1.com

Home of Wilbur the 600 pound pig and Tarzana the resident monkey.

Now is the time to visit this part of the island before the huge mega resorts are built!!! :(

I think someone just posted that it is going to be closed from July 29 until Nov. due to new owners & renovations.

I saw that too. Hope it's back up & running by the end of January when we get there!!! I also hope that they don't "fix it up" too much, I kind of like it just the way it is! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!!! :rolleyes:

I think someone just posted that it is going to be closed from July 29 until Nov. due to new owners & renovations.

Yes, it's true! :( Today is Turtle Beach Bar & Grill's last day....

An American company has purchased it and the restaurant will be closed for renovations until November.

Now is the time to visit St. Kitts before the mega resorts take over the island!!

Another beach option is Cockelshell, before you get to Turtle Beach. Home of Lion's Beach Bar.

How far are these beaches from the ship? Is it easier to take a bus or cab over to spend some time there?

Thanks.

K

The closest beach from Port Zante is South Frigate Bay. Just a short cab ride or water taxi.

The next beach, over the highway, is South Friars and then Cockleshell at the end of the southeast peninsula.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, it's true! :( Today is Turtle Beach Bar & Grill's last day....

An American company has purchased it and the restaurant will be closed for renovations until November.

Now is the time to visit St. Kitts before the mega resorts take over the island!!

Another beach option is Cockelshell, before you get to Turtle Beach. Home of Lion's Beach Bar.

Liz,

Any idea of when Turtle Beach will reopen in November? We will be visiting in mid-November. Do you think its worth it to visit after all the resort are there?

Also...

I noticed that they have kayaking at Frigate Bay South... Anybody know how much it is and whether they have double kayaks? Also, what is the cost of getting there? Can you take a water taxi? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also...

I noticed that they have kayaking at Frigate Bay South... Anybody know how much it is and whether they have double kayaks? Also, what is the cost of getting there? Can you take a water taxi? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For kayaking you should contact Turtle Tours. Their e-mail is pennyturtle@caribsurf.com This is a popular excursion with the cruise lines. I did a few years ago and enjoyed it.

Yes, you can take a water taxi to South Frigate Bay. Contact Mr. X at http://www.mrxshiggidyshack.com for rates.

The cost of a regular taxi to South Frigate Bay is about 20 USD each way. Contact Thenford Grey for more information. http://*****

For kayaking you should contact Turtle Tours. Their e-mail is pennyturtle@caribsurf.com This is a popular excursion with the cruise lines. I did a few years ago and enjoyed it.

Yes, you can take a water taxi to South Frigate Bay. Contact Mr. X at www.mrxshiggidyshack.com for rates.

The cost of a regular taxi to South Frigate Bay is about 20 USD each way. Contact Thenford Grey for more information. *****

Thanks, Liz.

I think we have decided to go to South Frigate Bay and rent kayaks or day sailers there. I tried contacting Penny a couple days ago about the kayak excursion but received no response so far. Thanks for all your help. You are the master of St. Kitts!

Thanks, Liz.

I think we have decided to go to South Frigate Bay and rent kayaks or day sailers there. I tried contacting Penny a couple days ago about the kayak excursion but received no response so far. Thanks for all your help. You are the master of St. Kitts!

I believe Penny is on vacation. You can rent kayaks next to Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack.

My family is from St. Kitts, that's why I know so much. LOL

Archived