Can I add a passenger to my room booking?

BlackPear

I have booked two CC cabins on Millie for the 17 August. They will have two adults in each room.

My 18 year old daughter now wishes that she had booked to come with us.

Can I add a passenger to one of these rooms so that it sleeps three or will I have to book another cabin (assuming one is still available)?

Cindon is correct. Once, we were cruising with our sons, 18 and 21 years old. About a month before the cruise we decided we wanted to upgrade from a balcony cabin (us) and an inside cabin (the boys), to a suite that became available. NCL wouldn't let us, said that the ship was at full capacity and and they were no longer allowing 3rd and 4ths in any cabins still available. We were disappointed, but understood that they only have so many lifeboats, etc.

Will I pay an extra full adult price for that person or is it discounted?

3rd person will be discounted - it will not be full price. How much is the discounted price will have to be answered by your TA or X, whichever one you booked with.

Cindon is correct. Once, we were cruising with our sons, 18 and 21 years old. About a month before the cruise we decided we wanted to upgrade from a balcony cabin (us) and an inside cabin (the boys), to a suite that became available. NCL wouldn't let us, said that the ship was at full capacity and and they were no longer allowing 3rd and 4ths in any cabins still available. We were disappointed, but understood that they only have so many lifeboats, etc.
From reading Annual Financial Reports I have learned that Full Occupancy is all fixed lower berths occupied, so that a ship can easily have over 100% of Full Occupancy [and often does]. From what you are saying [and I believe you] there is another figure for Full Capacity, that is higher than Full Occupancy, but lower than the total number of beds of all types aboard. I think that since the Titanic ship lifeboats have to quite significantly exceed the maximum carrying capacity of the ship [so that if one life boat goes out half full, there is still plenty of room for everyone], so I might suspect that Full Capacity is controlled by Dining Room seating. Does that make sense? Does anyone know?

From reading Annual Financial Reports I have learned that Full Occupancy is all fixed lower berths occupied, so that a ship can easily have over 100% of Full Occupancy [and often does]. From what you are saying [and I believe you] there is another figure for Full Capacity, that is higher than Full Occupancy, but lower than the total number of beds of all types aboard. I think that since the Titanic ship lifeboats have to quite significantly exceed the maximum carrying capacity of the ship [so that if one life boat goes out half full, there is still plenty of room for everyone], so I might suspect that Full Capacity is controlled by Dining Room seating. Does that make sense? Does anyone know?

Many times it has to do with destination. For example, in Bermuda, the ships (most often the ones docking in Hamilton & St. George) are limited less than all berths capacity, meaning triples and quads are extremely difficult to come by on those destinations. Other times, it could be tendering capacity or dining room.

Archived