ATV/Winery Excursion - Ensenada

socallisa

So I read about this excursion on another thread and the person enjoyed it. I think it sounds amazing. However, I have a friend that is scared to go because she thinks she will be hurt. Has anyone gone on this? Is it a pretty mild ride?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

We did the 4x4 Rhino in Ensenada earlier this month. This is like a mini jeep. I couldn't believe the suspension and how comfortable it was. My only complaint was that we didn't go fast enough or do more jumps on the small hills. We got so frickin' dirty! We knew that going in. I even let my wife drive so I could jump out and take photos easier. This trip was a blast. We bought a video that they took of everybody. It doesn't do the trip justice. We also went to the Winery.

Photocruiser

We did the ATV & Winery Tour in December and we had a really good time. You can tell your friend that it is definately mild - no wheelies or crazy jumps allowed! We went single file with a tour guide in front and another in the rear. They made sure the inexperienced drivers (I had never been on an ATV before) were up front so they could keep their eye on us. I'm sure that if my nephews were along they would have been bored stiff.:rolleyes:

We drove the ATVs through the wine region on some VERY DUSTY roads for over an hour. The scenery was beautiful, even though it was winter so the vineyards were brown. Then we went to a winery which we were very impressed with. We bought several bottles of wine which were carried back to the bus for us. Wear old clothes - we came back dirty, but happy!:D

Here is a picture of me on the ATV. It was my 54th birthday that day and, as you can see, I am a bit on the 'fluffy' side. Yet I was not the oldest or fluffiest on the tour! We all had fun..... :)

2298276020071903042S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks Ginny! Those pictures are great. I'm going to have my friend read this and hopefully get her to change her mind. =)

You're welcome! You can see all of our pictures from this tour by clicking on the link in my signature and going to the 'Monarch of the Seas...Dec' Album.:)

BTW, I see that you will be on the Monarch in October. The vinyards should be beautiful then. I took a lot of pictures of the ship itself in my other Monarch album (April). Be sure to check them out if you have never been on her before. She is a very nice ship. Don't miss the Viking Crown Lounge for a 360 degree view from the top of the ship!

Hi Sunny!

What were the dates of your cruise? I was there also for the 3 night Ensenada, we left 12/1... We had the same head waiter!:) hehe Great pics by the way...

Also, now I am regretting NOT taking that excursion. Me and hubbie talked about it for a while, but then decided just to walk around town and not take any excursions, we still had a great time. We are avid ATV riders and go to the Sand Dunes all the time in the winter. But we also enjoy trail riding, and that seemed like a good one from the pictures. But, I worry about those helmets, guess I'm funny like that.

See Ya!

RonnyKay - Hi, neighbor! It looks like we have some of the same pictures, just with different dates! We went for my birthday, which is Dec. 9, last year & will be going this coming year for my Mom's birthday on Jan 11. DH won't be able to go because of work, so this will be a girl's cruise. Love the Monarch! She's getting a bit older, but that just means she's getting better - like me!:D

I'll be quite honest, when I saw those helmets and kerchiefs I thought, Oh no! But trust me - I was happy I had them once the dust started to fly. A quick, hot shower after returning to the ship and everything was better in time for dinner.... I think you would enjoy the day.:)

woah!... dec 9th was my moms birthday (uhm, nothing age or anything related:) thats a trip though:)

yea, we had an excellent time. I am happy to see though that the helmets are not "full" they only cover the crown. I would bring my own bandana:)

I work in gilbert on elliot n mcqueen, yea! we are definately neighbors!

I am trying to convince my daugher for her 21st bday to go on a cruise with me... all girls:) But i think we may go to new york instead. Hubbie would be all butthurt if i went on a cruise without him i think:) LOL

I am trying to convince my daugher for her 21st bday to go on a cruise with me... all girls:) But i think we may go to new york instead. Hubbie would be all butthurt if i went on a cruise without him i think:) LOL

My DH likes the longer cruises, so he's not hurt at all that I'm going without him. I think he's looking forward to it!:rolleyes: I just like to get away for a few days, and I just love the Monarch - relaxing in the Vikig Crown Lounge and sipping on a Wildberry Lava Flow......heaven!!!:)

Archived