Any Monarch Experts?

I have only been on one cruise and that was 2 years ago on the Navigator of the Seas. We are going on a 4-day cruise at the end of October only this time I am taking my 3 small children and my parents and 2 sisters (ages 9 and 16). So I am trying to find out the exact ammenities that are available. I get conflicting reports from website to website, for example I believe Cruise Critic says no golf on this ship, but RCI shows pictures of it on their Monarch page. So here's my list if somebody would please help me out with the yes and no's of each feature.

Golf Putting Greens

Movie Theater

Shuffleboard

Ping Pong

Ice Skating

Ice Cream Machines

Kids Swimming Pool (I know no diapers)

What other great features do I tell my kids about to inspire them to be good "or else"?

Also on the Navigator my favorite deck was 4 where you could walk around the entire ship on the outside, it was the deck that had the helipad. Does anyone know what deck would be like this on the Monarch? Thanks a lot.

Monarch is a smaller older ship. It has shuffleboard and ping pong, rock wall, and basketball/sports court. Two pools. But, on the four day you are in port every day, with alot of options. I believe deck 7 is the Promenade deck.

In addition to the answers to your questions...There is pizza upstairs in the windjammer served most of the day. Make sure your kids know they can order foom service (free) 24 hours a day. Might be fun for them. Just make sure they have a dollar or 2 for a tip. The kids programs are fun and well received. There is no helipad forward but you can walk forward on various decks and watch the anchors being pulled up as you leave Catalina.

Guess that is all I can think of for now...Margarita's are probably out... heheh

Golf Putting Greens--no

MovieTheater--no

Shuffleboard--yes

Ping Pong--yes

Ice Skating--no

Ice Cream Machines--no

Kids Swimming Pool (I know no diapers)--no

I would like to add that there is a Ben & Jerry's ice cream for an additional charge. There is also ice cream on the menu in the dining room.

I have only been on one cruise and that was 2 years ago on the Navigator of the Seas. We are going on a 4-day cruise at the end of October only this time I am taking my 3 small children and my parents and 2 sisters (ages 9 and 16). So I am trying to find out the exact ammenities that are available. I get conflicting reports from website to website, for example I believe Cruise Critic says no golf on this ship, but RCI shows pictures of it on their Monarch page. So here's my list if somebody would please help me out with the yes and no's of each feature.

Golf Putting Greens

Movie Theater

Shuffleboard

Ping Pong

Ice Skating

Ice Cream Machines

Kids Swimming Pool (I know no diapers)

What other great features do I tell my kids about to inspire them to be good "or else"?

Also on the Navigator my favorite deck was 4 where you could walk around the entire ship on the outside, it was the deck that had the helipad. Does anyone know what deck would be like this on the Monarch? Thanks a lot.

Golf Putting Greens - No

Movie Theater - no

Shuffleboard Yes

Ping Pong Yes

Ice Skating no

Ice Cream Machines Ben and Jerry's at an additional charge

Kids Swimming Pool (I know no diapers) no

As others have said, Monarch is an older, smaller ship, but she still has spunk in her. If I remember too, there's a card/game room on one of the decks and there's the internet too that you can inspire them to be good or else, but be careful on this... there is certaintly a fee for this.... there is also the teen activities (for the 16 year old) that you can find on your cruise compass.

Have fun... Monarch is fun and the ports are fun as well...

D :)

Archived