Types of gifts for room stewards?

Cinderelli

Ever price a candy bar onboard a ship. I ws so taken back with the price of a cadbury bar...the one with the fruist and nuts-- 6 bucks. I can get those at home for 75 cents. Next time whenin the ships store just check out a few items/

I guess I did not expalin it well- on the Voyager show on the Travel channel it showed there was an employee store where everything WAS AT COST-not the stores they have for us cruisers- Yes they are making a buck there. I will say this too about that candy. AlthoughI have bought pain killer or tampons or someother needy little thing- I have never bought candy-never saw the need-as there were WAY too many desssets on ship for the taking. The same goes for the pay extra dessert bar- even though most of us love milkshakes and ice cream sundies etc. when you had just had some tirmasu at dinner or some self serve ice cream up on the lido your sweet tooth is satisfied and you feel no desire for a milkshake or choc. dipped strawberry etc. Now I don't know what the crew eats but I bet they still get pretty good eats. Even if it just the desserts leftover from our dinner-I would think it is not often they would have a craving for a candy bar.

Check the SIZE of that cadbury bar next cruise-it is pricy but that is the larger bar the one that costs $2.99 at Kroger-still it is DOUBLE the price but that is not the small 75 cents bar you are thinking about. I know because I used to LOVE those bars and buy them in the grocery store all the time and as my daughter loved them too I would go for the bigger bar.-but now that I have to watch my blood sugar it is rare that I eat one. Now if I buy one for her I buy the small one so I won't be tempted as it takes her a week or so to eat the big one.

Archived