Saint John & Halifax Docking

Can anyone please tell me exactly where the cruiseships dock in these two cities. We'll be there in September with family driving in to meet the ship at these two locations. We would like to arrange an easy meeting place so we don't miss each other. Any help is much appreciated. Grandeur here we come!

Can anyone please tell me exactly where the cruiseships dock in these two cities. We'll be there in September with family driving in to meet the ship at these two locations. We would like to arrange an easy meeting place so we don't miss each other. Any help is much appreciated. Grandeur here we come!

You didn't mention which cruise ship you were coming in on, but most of the ships dock at Puglsey Terminal in Saint John. If there are more ships in, sometimes one has to dock at Long Wharf. You can go to cruisesaintjohn.com and find the dock for your particular cruise listed. In the photo gallery the aerial shot of the two ships, one behind the other, is of Pugsley Terminal. At Pugsley, your family could greet you on the sidewalk outside the ship but that gets pretty congested and you might miss each other. A good place, particularly if the weather is not nice, would be by the fountain in the Market Square Atrium. (not to be confused with the Old City Market). There are tables there and refreshment kiosks nearby so they could have coffee while they wait. If you are at Pugsley just walk out to the sidewalk, turn left and walk about five minutes up to King Street (the main drag) Just look across the intersection to your left and you will see the entrance to Market Square, clearly marked over the door. The fountain is on the main level.

If you are at Long Wharf I believe they have shuttle busses to take you over to the area I am referring to. At any rate you will encounter a bevy of local volunteers as you leave the ship in either location who are there just to answer questions and send people in the right direction.

I am familiar with the area that the ships dock in Halifax and know that it is within easy walking distance of some good meeting places but I will leave the directions up to someone who lives there. I know where these places are---just not what the streets are called. If I can be of more help re Saint John , just let me know.

Kimbtech--I forgot to mention in my previous reply that there is a parking garage under Market Square for your family to park in. The escalator from the garage comes up right next to the fountain. The entrance is directly opposite the entrance to the Hilton Hotel, on the waterfront. If you look at the photo I mentioned in my first answer, the Hilton is the tall building on the waterfront just ahead of where the ships are docked.

Pier 21 is a Historic area of Halifax similar to Ellis Island in New York. Form There you turn right coming out and you are about 5 to 7 blocks form Historic Properties and down town Halifax. If you turn left you can go to Point Pleasant Park which is a large Forrest area with a beach and walking trails. It is not as nice as it once was. After Hurricane Hugo I think a great majority of the trees were destroyed.

Archived