Cruising the Crown - excursions?

jlyn1216

I can tell you we enjoyed all three shore excursions we took:

in St Georges, we took the Turtle Bay Catamaran Cruise

In Hamilton, we did Snuba

and (even though we were not docked there) in King's Wharf we took the Segway tour.

I have photos posted from all of them as well as more details in my TR:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=596075

Turtle Bay Catamaran hands down!! We've done this tour 3x's and are looking to a fourth this September. We've always enjoyed the kyak tours as well. The Kyak eco tour (I think out of Hamilton) was a good one. It is a lengthy one, but beginners can do it without much trouble.

Some of the snorkeling tours are good for beginners,(you will be able to stand in the water) while others you need to be beyond a beginner. (water over your head). Some of the snorkeling tours have a party atmosphere, while others are more serious. Which do you prefer?

We have been to Bermuda on NCL three times. We experienced two wonderful snorkeling excursions over two years, both were different.

The Restless Native - beautiful catamaran, good snorkeling, entertaining and relaxing. My father just went along for the ride and he loved it. (did this last year). They bake chocolate chip cookies for the ride back. The leader teaches you about the different fish you will be seeing on the ride in.

NCL Divein Snorkel from Hamilton (Can't recall title, it was Wed at 9:30 am) - The captain also does the rich and famous tour, he gives interesting commentary going out to the snorkel site to the Sea Gardens. Christina and Mike from the shorex desk accompany the tour and lead the snorkeling. The snorkeling at the Sea Gardens is awesome -- unbelievable coral and fish. But you need to be able to be confident in water at least 12 feet deep.

The Fantasea Sunset catamaran - very relaxing and romantic. makes you feel like you are rich. LOL The highlight is the sunset and the swizzles.

Kayak tour -- we loved this. This is especially good because it is on the last 1/2 day, and it extends your enjoyment of Bermuda.

The candlelight tour in St. Georges -- It is good for people who enjoy history. Bermuda has a very interesting history, and we enjoyed walking around at night, when it is cooler, plus we didn't waste any beach or shopping time. My dd found it boring, she was 15 at the time.

Archived