Opinions please?

Frassy

Just another thought, I often cruised solo also and a couple of times booked with someone I did not know for the better price (it worked out OK). But, now many communities have women's groups that focus on travel. You can attend meetings and see if you click with anyone who might also be interested in going. That way neither of you is going into it blind.

Another thing to think about, during my years of solo cruising (80's & early 90s), many of the ships were much smaller that they are now (more like 500 - 600 passengers). Kind of the difference between a b&b and a chain hotel. While I really enjoyed going alone and met great people, I am not sure I would enjoy the experienc today.

A womens' travel group is a great idea. Thanks so much!!

Any single cruisers out there that would like to share your experiences? Have you sailed solo? What was it like being single on a cruise ship and not knowing anyone?

I cruised alone on a 14-day Panama Canal sailing in April. I was originally supposed to have a roommate, but ended up with a single due to a cancellation (long story).

At first I was a little lonely and bored. I actually read three books. But over the two weeks, I got to know a lot of people and I really enjoyed the cruise. However, I don't think I'd do it again.

Where are you going on Carnival, Frassy?

Is April 2008 likely to be during spring break? That might affect your decision as to whether or not you try to find a roommate so you can still make the cruise.

T

Well.....it is on the 21st....I had thought spring break was over by then. ?? I'm still up in the air on this cruise....I will keep all ya'll posted.

Thanks!!:)

I am 53....(very young 53). Carnival...female. I think I have decided if I cannot find someone to go....I will cancel the trip. :(

Try not to cancel if you don't have to. I'm 58, single, a female and even though we not cruising on the same date I feel that at our ages we are old enough to use common sense about safety, etc.

Call the cruise line and see if they have a small cabin (inside) that is just right for a single cruiser. I seem to remember that there are inside cabins that are just right for a solo cruiser. Just don't give it too soon. My first cruise was when I was 56 and I still regret not having cruised earlier.

Try not to cancel if you don't have to. I'm 58, single, a female and even though we not cruising on the same date I feel that at our ages we are old enough to use common sense about safety, etc.

Call the cruise line and see if they have a small cabin (inside) that is just right for a single cruiser. I seem to remember that there are inside cabins that are just right for a solo cruiser. Just don't give it too soon. My first cruise was when I was 56 and I still regret not having cruised earlier.

Actually, I cancelled just yesterday. We plan to go now in '09. Hopefully, this will happen in my lifetime. lol

Thanks for your note! I appreciate your feedback!

Check out the section - SPECIAL INTEREST CRUISING and the subtobic - SOLO CRUISERS. There is quite a bit of information for people who cruise alone including the cost of it.

Hi there! I actually cancelled y'day. I really didn't want to go alone. I must say that if all the folks out there cruising are as nice as the folks on these boards, I surely will be missing something!!! :o

Archived