DO YOU HAVE YOUR PASSPORT YET?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PASSPORT YET?

• YES
    • NO
    • TOO CHEAP TO GET ONE!
    • DON'T CARE/LAZY!

Mike-

Same situation - I'm Amerian w/ a passport. My husband is a Polish citizen with a US Green Card. Can you tell me does he absolutely need a passport? His has expired, and the embassy (Polish) is stating it can possible take up to 1 year to get a renewal passport.

Thanks

A passport is necessary for us...I'm American, my wife is a German citizen with a US Green Card (and most of her family lives near Munich), and our daughter was born in Guatemala so she carries a US, German and Guatemalan passport.

It's enough to make one dizzy...

Michael

We applied for our passports before we went on our cruise in 2006 and took about four weeks. I just hate waiting till the last minute plus I love the idea of having the passport in my hand when I fly/cruise/travel.

D :)

sorry about not putting in spot to vote for those waiting. i have had mine for 4 years and DW,DD got theres in three months this year so now we are ready to go! and DD's will only last 5 years so her and i will renew about the same time.

It must be the people who lie about needing their passport that is making the backlog for those of us that really need them and have applied for them 16 weeks ago. Shame on you. Why do you think you have the right to cut in line?

DH and I received our passports exactly 6 weeks and 6 days from the time that we applied for them. The application was completed in a post office in SE Michigan. The passports were not a renewal. We did not pay extra to have them expedited. Nor did we lie about when we needed them (March 2008). Why do you assume that people are being less then truthful? Why accuse people of cutting in line? Once the passport has been completed and sent, we have no control of how quickly they are processed. I am sorry that it is taking so long for your passport to be processed, but it is not my fault.

Mike-

Same situation - I'm Amerian w/ a passport. My husband is a Polish citizen with a US Green Card. Can you tell me does he absolutely need a passport? His has expired, and the embassy (Polish) is stating it can possible take up to 1 year to get a renewal passport.

Thanks

The way I understand it from reading the RCL site, all he *Should* (that's the operative word) need is his US Green Card. However, I've been told by some former colleagues who now work at the DofS that Immigration *Can* ask for the passport in addition to the Green Card. In our case, my wife has always brought both, and it's been hit or miss---sometimes after a cruise, Immigration is satisfied with just her Green Card, other times they wanted to scan her German Passport as well as the Green Card...and they stamp the passport, too. And of course this whole scenario changes when we fly to Europe, in that both her passport and green card are required by the airlines and immigration at the European port of entry that we use.

I do hope you have some luck with the Polish Authorities in finding a way to expedite a new passport for your husband. Please keep us posted.

Michael

I've had passports for many years, ever since my first international trip (all my int'l trips have been by air - my first cruise is coming this spring). My current one is still valid for several more years 'cause I renewed it in 2003 and do go on int'l trips, so need to keep it valid.

If I didn't have my passport already, yes, I would have put in an application not too long after I signed up for the cruise a few months ago.

DH and I received our passports exactly 6 weeks and 6 days from the time that we applied for them. The application was completed in a post office in SE Michigan. The passports were not a renewal. We did not pay extra to have them expedited. Nor did we lie about when we needed them (March 2008). Why do you assume that people are being less then truthful? Why accuse people of cutting in line? Once the passport has been completed and sent, we have no control of how quickly they are processed. I am sorry that it is taking so long for your passport to be processed, but it is not my fault.

Please see previous post (#16) by Brwill54 and you will know what I was referring to.

Passports makes travelingo n a cruise much easier. I don't know how customs deals with BC's. My kids were born three years apart in the same hospital and both have totally different looking BC's.

Joe

we have never sailed, so we decided to get DW,DD's pass ports in stead of BC's. as with the luck i have the ship will sail with my family on shore waving and swearing to boot!!!

It must be the people who lie about needing their passport that is making the backlog for those of us that really need them and have applied for them 16 weeks ago. Shame on you. Why do you think you have the right to cut in line?

See in our case it wasn't a lie but for those people who are traveling in a week or so and have applied months ago then I don't see a problem with them going to the head of the line. I waited the 3-4 months for mine but my DW couldn't wait any longer.

Archived