Names Switched at Booking

sunluva7

I just booked 2 cabins on the CB for 8/6/08 out of NYC, using our Circle future cruise deposits and shipboard credits to combine with the TA's shipboard credits and reduced deposits being offered. The TA told us the only way to book the cabins using all these credits and discounts was to swap my husband and my daughter; i.e, I am now rooming with one daughter, he is rooming with the other. :confused: The TA said this was because Princess had some of the OBC and FCC assigned to the daughter's account. He said we could just swap back and have the purser change the sign and sail cards when we get on board, which is apparently commonplace among families traveling with children who want to room separate from the parents.

Anyone else had this problem?

we are sailing with another couple. the ta booked one cabin under my husband and the other under my name (we are past Princess cruisers) we now have adjoining mini-suites - one for the guys and one for the gals. How hard is it going to be to get keys, etc to the cabins so that each couple can be together?

Exactly.:rolleyes: This will be the fourth cruise I've booked with Princess and we've never had this situation before, but we've also never booked using any saved OBC or future cruise deposits either. According to the TA, it is supposed to be a simple fix once on board. If it's not going to be a hassle then I won't worry about it, as long as we get all the credits coming to us. I just don't want any holdups at the port. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

It is not a hassle at all once on the ship. They do this all the time.

So it's true - the purser's desk makes the change? How is this done - do they change the names on the key cards, make new key cards, re-key them? This is new territory for me...

will be keeping the charges to your cruise card straight. We were booked similarly w/o any major issues. It can be a pain with only a single door opening card per couple.

The purser's desk will switch everything around so the correct people are in the correct cabin and with door cards corresponding. They can also arrange the credit card situation.

So it's true - the purser's desk makes the change? How is this done - do they change the names on the key cards, make new key cards, re-key them? This is new territory for me...

This is exactly what they have done in the past. The Purser's Office switches things in their system and then prints new key cards. Just go and visit them first thing when on the ship.

You don't need to be sneaky about it or anything.

This is exactly what they have done in the past. The Purser's Office switches things in their system and then prints new key cards. Just go and visit them first thing when on the ship.

You don't need to be sneaky about it or anything.

Thanks for your help.:D Sounds like a piece-a-cake!

We are booked the same way with DH and the twin sons in one room and DD and I in another. DH and I are going to share a room this time. I will carry my card and one of the boys' cards on my lanyard and DH will carry his card and the daughter's card on his lanyard. That way we will both have cards for both rooms. My daughter is 17 and plenty old enough to supervise her 13 year old brothers. I take the charging privledges off the kids cards anyhow so they really do not need them except getting on and off the ship. The passenger services desk is used to all kinds of requests and I am sure they can get you set up the way you want.

we are sailing with another couple. the ta booked one cabin under my husband and the other under my name (we are past Princess cruisers) we now have adjoining mini-suites - one for the guys and one for the gals. How hard is it going to be to get keys, etc to the cabins so that each couple can be together?

It is easy to get switched at the Purser's Desk.

My brother and I had our wives swapped when we checked in......obviously we had the same last name......but I had his wife....he had mine.........we get it switched after we boarded....:)

Archived