Hawaiian dinner menu?

Waimea'sMom

Hi, I'm aware of some of the themed dinner menus depending on the destination (Alaskan, Caribbean, etc.). I haven't done a Princess cruise to Hawaii before...does anyone know if they do an onboard luau or have a Hawaiian themed dinner menu? My only previous Hawaiian cruises were back on the old American Hawaii ships the Constitution and Independence in the mid 80s. Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, I tried a search in Princess and Hawaii boards but couldn't find anything...

I was on the Island in dec/jan to Hawaii , everyone got into the Island spirit but no specific Hawaiian dinner .

HOWEVER I went to a Luau and had Poi on the Islands and I must tell you , if Princess had to serve food like that I woulda thrown it back at them. I went to what was supposedly one of the better Laua's and it was a total rip off (I'm from South Africa , so HAD to do the tourist stuff) , the food was awful compared to the ship's.

Thats one thing about cruising , the food is sooo good that when one goes ashore and has to pay for much lesser quality and variety , one feels a little aggrieved.

Archived