Barcelona on a Saturday

We will be on a cruise next year and will arrive in Barcelona on a Saturday. I've read where it is very crowded in Barcelona on Saturday's. We were interested in taking the HO/HO bus, but have read where the wait to reboard could take up to an hour at times. Can anyone share their experience with me if you were there on a Saturday.

We spent a w/e in Barcelona & it was busy, but we didn't take the HOHO bus (we used subways).

With only one day, I would suggest getting a taxi from the ship to Sagrada Familia (to get there ahead of the crowds), spend an hour or so there, then a taxi to one of Gaudi's other sites - Parc Guell and Casa Mila are both well worth seeing. From there you can take a taxi to Placa Catalunya to walk the length of Las Ramblas and veer off to the Bari Gotic section. From there it's a short walk to the bottom of Las Ramblas where you can get the shuttle back to the ship.

Taxis are fairly reasonable in Barcelona and will avoid the wait for the HOHO buses. With the cost of the HOHO bus, you could probably cover quite a bit of your cab fares during the day.

We did the ho-ho bus in October of last year. Some of the stops seemed pretty crowded and some didnt. We decided to stay on for one full drive and not get off, that way we were sure to see everything. Most of the stuff is not that big of a deal to get off anyway. During the first time around we decided what places we wanted to get off at the next way around. I think that is the best way to do it, then if a bus is crowded you wont have to worry so much that you will miss something.

Archived