Question on time frame for Cosol's tour

clerky96

I just received an email response from Cosol. Our ship, Norwegian Jewel, is scheduled to dock at 8am. In the email, I was told that we must be on the dock no later than 8:20 to meet for the 8:30 tour. On a ship this size, I am unsure whether we will be able to get off of the ship and get there in time. Is this the normal time for this tour to leave? What are our chances of making it on time? Thanks.

We were on the NCL Pearl in March, and our scheduled docking time was 8AM also. We had no problem meeting Cosol in time, but some folks from some other ships were late and he waited for them. In St. Lucia you literally walk off the ship and into the building that he is waiting outside of. Don't worry about it - he deals with all the ships every single day and knows all their schedules.

• 2 months later...
I just received an email response from Cosol. Our ship, Norwegian Jewel, is scheduled to dock at 8am. In the email, I was told that we must be on the dock no later than 8:20 to meet for the 8:30 tour. On a ship this size, I am unsure whether we will be able to get off of the ship and get there in time. Is this the normal time for this tour to leave? What are our chances of making it on time? Thanks.

We wondered the same thing , we just got back form the AOS and it was my feeling the reason he wants to leave so early so he can get ahead of all the other tours taking the same route. He has things set up for you at each stop such as snacks and things to try at no extra cost but it gets kind of confusing as who is with what group when things start to back up. They had stickers to put on our shirts to keep the groups straight. It is a long day but well worth it. But to answer your question it only takes a few minutes to find him and he wont leave until the last possible minute.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree we docked and were off the ship by a little after 8 am. Cosol is very easy to find and he gathers everyone in one place to send off for the tour. DEFINATELY the best tour I took while I was on the cruise...We had Baptiste for a driver and had a wonderful day! I highly recommend him you wn't be disappointed

My wife and I were on Cosol's tour on 9/23, at that time the rate was $45 p/p, however, it's a tremendous bargain even at $50 p/p! The tip actually goes to the driver, I gave $20 for both of us. Our driver was Bompy he was a very nice guy and really wanted everyone to have a great time and enjoy his beautiful home.

As a side note, sometime during the tour my camera bag fell over in the van and I couldn't find my spare camera battery - at the end of the tour Bompy searched the van to no avail. I left thinking I would have to purchase a second battery somewhere along the way (about $70). To my surprise Bompy tracked me down in the duty free shopping area with not only my spare camera battery but also the extra battery to my camcorder, that I hadn't even noticed was missing (about $60). Needless to say this earned him an extra $20. I think my experience reflects the type of people who work for Cosol - he undoubtedly runs the best tour in the Caribbean and shows a genuine caring attitude towards his cutomers; I am sure you will have a great time - enjoy the tour and have a great cruise!

Archived