Pride - How Early Have You Gotten Off Ship

AlwaysReady2Go

I am looking at my itinerary and flight schedule. For those who have sailed Pride it lists 9:00 a.m. as the arrival time back to Long Beach. I have a flight out of LAX at 10:00 .m. - Is this possible to do? Not sure what I was thinking when I booked this!!?? I'm freaking out now but I would love to know how early people have been able to get off the ship. Thanks!!

I was not in any hurry to get off the Pride in April, since we were just driving a short way home. I DO recall though that if you went to the Purser's desk the night before final debarkation and showed your airline tickets, anyone who had a flight BEFORE 2:00 p.m. got special tags, and were first off the ship. I believe we actually docked around 7:00, but remember it's not just about what time the ship docks. Sometimes there are Coast Guard Inspections, or the crew has to go through Immigration, or other events can push back the time that they actually allow the passengers to debark. When we were boarding the Pride, the last of the passengers were still getting off at around 12:15 - apparently there had been a Coast Guard inspection that morning which held everyone up.

Also LAX is a VERY busy airport, and going through security takes forever. Getting from the pier to the airport on a Sunday morning shouldn't take too long (unless there is road construction or an accident). If there is any way you can push your flight time back a bit, it would definitely be better, and reduce your post-cruise stress level.

Have a GREAT cruise

I am looking at my itinerary and flight schedule. For those who have sailed Pride it lists 9:00 a.m. as the arrival time back to Long Beach. I have a flight out of LAX at 10:00 .m. - Is this possible to do? Not sure what I was thinking when I booked this!!?? I'm freaking out now but I would love to know how early people have been able to get off the ship. Thanks!!

We just got off the boat this past Sunday - we did the self-embark and left the ship at 7:45 AM and were driving our car by LAX at 8:30 AM. I do know that they said early departing flights left the ship before we did - but a 10 AM flight might be a little tight, especially if you have traffic.

Thank you - I think its to close too. I booked a private car to pick us up at 6:45 (so hopefully he will be there waiting for us when the ship comes in) and wisk us off. I looked into changing them and it will cost a fortune so I don't think its an option. Fingers crossed I guess the worst case will be I get more time in CA and still pay through the nose if we miss the flight.

How far of a drive is it from the dock to LAX - on a normal Sunday? Thanks.

Why would you want to stress your whole vacation over catching a flight home? You will have to self disembark, which is a nightmare in itself and then be at the airport at least by 8:45. The reason the air is higher later in the day is due to the cruise passengers. If you could make your flight easily, you would have the same rate.

I actually choose to self debark whenever we cruise. I like keeping my bags with me and have a real problem with leaving all my "stuff" in the hallway by a certain hour. I will try not to stress about it but the flights have actually over doubled since I bought them in February (for the exact same flight - ughhh $230 round trip to $450 one way - same flight!!). I am not sure why I thought at the time that it would be enough time to get there. If all fails I will book a room and another flight if needbe and make the best of being away from the kids for another day - I guess thats a good sick day excuse - ummmm sorry I won't be in today because I missed my flight due to ignorance - LOL. I laugh so I don't cry. LOL

Have you tried speaking with the airlines? Delta once let us change our times without any charge when we realized we could not get to the airport on time from our ship. One of my kids said they had been allowed to change for 50.00. Good luck. I am sweating our 12:35 departure. We are on the same ship and sailing as you.

I booked through Expedia but I guess it doesn't hurt to call Delta directly and try - I'll give them call in the morning.

Have you signed in on our Roll Call page for this cruise?

It's all in how you sell it to Delta. If they don't buy your reason they will want to charge you the difference and the change fee...

You really should try and change your flight. We sailed on the Pride 7-15 and we did not get off the ship until 12:45:( The crew was going through immigration and they were short of agents. My parent's had a flight at 2:05. They did self disembark. as we were taking their luggage in our car and they didn't get off until 10:35, my dad was freaking out. They didn't even announce what the hold up was and that is what really made me upset, we were all just sitting around doing nothing. Luckily my parents had a suite so we all just hung out in there until our color was called. I wrote a review if you are interested. Everything else was a blast though, for the most part.:)

We were on the Pride in March. Carried our bags off and were walking off the ship at 8:30a.m. We were probably the first 20 or so people off. A 10:00 flight, IMO, is too early - if there are any problems with customs, you would not make it. Our flight was 11:55 - everything I have ever read says do not schedule a flight before noon. Good luck.

Thank you all for your opinions and guidance about this one. I called Delta and got a nice young sounding girl and I really played up the fact that I was going on an anniversary trip and this time issue could potentially ruin my trip. She changed my flight home to a 1:15 flight with NO FEES INCURRED!! YAY - thank you all again for your posts!!

Thank you all for your opinions and guidance about this one. I called Delta and got a nice young sounding girl and I really played up the fact that I was going on an anniversary trip and this time issue could potentially ruin my trip. She changed my flight home to a 1:15 flight with NO FEES INCURRED!! YAY - thank you all again for your posts!!

Way to go, you will feel a lot more relaxed about getting off the ship now. Have a great time.:)

Archived